Facebook And Here

Just felt the need to say this Steph: I would post here more if it were easier to post pics. On Facebook, I can post my pictures without uploading to a host. My pics come on Facebook in a large size that nobody has to click on to enlarge so they can see them. Don't know how they do that, but that's the main reason I post there instead. Plus the fact that I don't post where people criticize the marbles I post. The same old same bothers me. Don't like defending marbles I like. I don't criticize other people's marbles because I don't like them. To each his own.

You're right Edna it's easier to post on facebook.

I use photobucket here and it's almost as easy as it is on facebook.

I've never noticed that people criticize the marbles you've posted here.If they do not like them they do not respond,tastes differ well once.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but facebook is the last place you

want to post pictures unless you're not concerned about the quality of reproduction.

Facebook Image Quality Issues

Something to be aware of is that Facebook compresses some images pretty aggressively when you upload and display them.

It makes sense–naturally, they want to speed page loads and reduce bandwidth by applying as much compression as they can get away with. I’m not the only one to wish they’d be less aggressive with their compression, but how noticeable it is will depend on whether things like the range of colors in your image and amount of detail in your photo.

Facebook never intended to be a high quality archiving service of photos, but rather, photos act as social glue for the social media giant.