Captain's Marble Auction

My husband was there. He knows/collects marbles by association and goes to tons of marble/general auctions with me. These are his impressions...info on the internet did not 1:1 match what was sold, auctioneers were nice; generally well run sale, met nice people to chat with, he only recognized one "marble" person that we have run into before...she bought a lot and sells on Ebay, the marbles were not of the best quality (as compared to what we like to buy) and the prices were high. He did write down many of the prices (until closer to the end when our son showed up....he stopped tracking prices) so if anyone wants to know what a particular item sold for, I "might" have it. The items he "wanted" to buy for me were not clean enough and/or were too expensive...Oh, and there was no catered food/food truck...no PIE! A must at the auction...in his book!

Mark thinks the trophy went for about 85$. He does not recall what the gumball machine went for...doesn't even recall seeing it! He printed the order of sale list off the internet the day before the sale. He noticed that every half dozen or so items, there was a number missing. During the actual sale, they would "throw" in something in this slot. The trophy and many other items were not even on his sheet, and this is what he used to track prices...that is why he does not have every item.....sorry!

I was surprised at how little the marble jewelry went for....the silver and marble items went for 25-125. Some of those pieces looked cool from the pix, and very personal. Guess they had to appeal to a certain person.

Hi Steph: The Marble King Trophy was the 3rd item to sell at the auction. I purchased it and it sold for a lot more than $85.00. I will be selling it at some point in the not too distant future. Currently, it resides in Canada. Have a great day, Bob.

I'm glad to see some information on this auction. I wanted to go but couldn't even though I live in Michigan. It would have been good just to meet with some other collectors, which I can't seem to locate up here(Traverse City). It did seem from the marble photographs that there were several with condition issues, but I wish I could have actually seen them. Darn.

I'm glad to see some information on this auction. I wanted to go but couldn't even though I live in Michigan. It would have been good just to meet with some other collectors, which I can't seem to locate up here(Traverse City). It did seem from the marble photographs that there were several with condition issues, but I wish I could have actually seen them. Darn.

There is a lady in Fife Lake that is a collector.