Peltier Opaque

J_Ding

So, all these Pelts are at 0.60" and on opaque black glass. I have about four of the first and two of the second example. I'm just wondering what experience you have with all these? Are these opaque Rainbos or are they clowns? If you got 'em, post 'em! Perspectives appreciated. Thanks! John

post-3757-0-69858300-1440630159_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-35668000-1440630162_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-80534800-1440630164_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-77923900-1440630169_thumb.jp

Not true black. Most likely deep dark brown.

I wondered about that. I have a very strong light, and I get a bit of light penetrance but it stops very clear to the surface, in similar ways with both. i have some confusion about how much depth there can be before it isn't opaque. It seems often to me to be more of a condition of degree, not kind...a continuum of light transmittance from lots to none, or nearly so. But I'm still learning! John

That might be a Honey Bee. At least, I think that's the name - amber base with yellow ribbons.

It really could be taken to be a deep amber, for sure...super deep in this case. I've learned, and then forgotten, about the honey bees. Could anyone post another example? Thanks! John

John, the last one looks newer MK to me as well. Similar to the first. Only the skunk is pelt in my opinion.

This is a classic example of a Peltier HoneyBee:

Dave: Thanks a bunch! I think the small size of the mib and the slightly broad curve of the seam was throwing me off. I'm convinced, and greatly appreciate the actual examples and input! John