New Google Logo

kbobam

(Warning! This is a 'Drunk Uncle' no pulling-punches post)

What do you think of the new Google logo?

Makes me think of 'New Coke'.

Change for change's sake, even if it's ridiculous.

And I'm just so tired of how it seems like 'everything's' being altered

these days to appeal to young stupid people.

In this particular case, the design seems to take this concept even further

by being particularly suited for grade-school children.

Of course the actual Google logo is pretty irrelevant in the overall scheme of things.

But somehow it symbolizes many important concepts to me.

Like how our kids growing up with gps's can't actually read a map.

(This would be a good place to end this post, but not for 'Drunk Uncle'!)

Hey! Have you ever thought about how silly it is that you'd rather slit your own

throat than live a day without your 'stupid-phone'? Someone somewhere is

certainly going to come up with a 'phone bomb' at some point. And this otherwise

great country will be on its knees. Doesn't that bother you? dunno.gif

In spite of the early warning, I apologize if this was more 'opinion' than

you may have wanted right now! :)

They made it clearer early this morning with one of their 'moving logos'.

The 'old' one appeared, then little hands with cloths showed up and wiped it away.

Next, 'Crayolas' drew in the new one!

This is 'commie hippie' stuff, dang it! :P

Feeling old today Bob? Or did the roids flair up(LOL). Gotta tell you those young stupid people are 10 times smarter than this old fart. Seems if I need to get anything done nowadays I have to ask someone under 30 for help. And that damn Google is worth over 350 billion today. And their average age for workers is 29. Now if we could just get some horse sense injectors those young knuckleheads might impress us a bit more.

What gets me is that if you lived in a city (like Chicago, for example) you used to be able to avoid the crazy people because they were the ones talking to themselves. Now half the people on the sidewalk are jabbering away at full volume, talking to their Invisible Friends.

And a good half of the remaining half are just frozen in place, staring at their phones.

Gr.

Whats funny too,once were people socialize and have a chad in coffee bars,now with WIFI,they just look at there screen.

What's less funny,mothers with small children on beaches,they're too busy with their cell phone and as a result lose their children,the coast guard has a lot more work today.

California has to have more crazies than any other state. I always thought a tatoo gun that shot a permanent L would be fantastic. When someone steps over the line shoot them in the forhead, from then on you could see the L from a distance and know to avoid them. Not too PC was it(LOL)

I was with a friend at an open area flying quadcopters and was accosted by a derelict that didn't want anything filming him or his brush camp. Tried to calmly explain that satellites and police helicopters Take much closer and better pictures than any quad can and we were not filming him but he went on and on to the point of possibly getting physical. We just left. I really needed the tattoo shooter(LOL)

Ah loser,we use it often here,we have borrowed it from English.

It sounds better than the Dutch word,which is "mislukkeling".We have borrowed many words from the English language.

Nowadays in some schools all classes taught in the English language.Both my grandsons,they speak better English than I do LOL

Let me make a few slightly late responses, since this is a

happy Friday night and I'm no longer in 'Drunk Uncle' mode. ( :

Of course Galen was completely correct about my feeling 'old', and also about

the Jimmy Carter, uh, 'condition'. I just didn't feel like admitting it at the time!

I cracked up over Ann's comment about 'crazy people' because it made me remember

that there was a period of time right after Bluetooth came out, when I'd find myself

sitting next to someone talking to themself and have an immediate inner-city 'Whoa!'

reaction. Only later, from a different angle, would I notice the 'ear piece'. To be

honest, to this day I still think people using these things look like total asses. :rolleyes:

Winnie, I really like the Dutch word much better. Its sound has 'soul'!

I think this is because I grew up in the 'lower east side' of New York City so many

years ago. It was such a 'melting pot' that many of us became multi-lingual because

we learned from our friends that different languages had words and expressions

that were 'better', either in sound or subtle meaning, than English. :)

there was a period of time right after Bluetooth came out, when I'd find myself

sitting next to someone talking to themself and have an immediate inner-city 'Whoa!'

reaction. Only later, from a different angle, would I notice the 'ear piece'.

I thought they had been overtaken by the Borg.

Almost started wearing tin foil on my head.

I noticed the 'new google logo' on various youtube banner's (link)

I guess that's because of the rainbow on facebook profile pictures and the lights on the whitehouse a while back?

okay... here's my two cents. I do not like anything about Google (except for the self driving cars).

I think it's all just Big Brother-Nwo-Data Mining.

...as soon as youtube/google split up...bye bye google.

I don't even use thier search engine, I like Startpage

I'm with you Ann, where's my roll of tin foil!!!!

....off my box now!!!