Always Love Marble Mail :)

disco005

Thanks Steph !

It is a strange one, I was skeptical on the pictures from the auction, but so glad I bid on it now :)

It glows like crazy!

The cork of the UV base is not really evident in the photos, but it actually is pretty clear with a bright flashlight and magnifier.

I love the unusual ones ^_^

If I had more $$ I would probably break into the Pelt world :lol:

Someday.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just working with one of those blue corks yesterday, and my example is exactly as yours... glowing like crazy too

That's cool! Maybe there was a run of them.

And I'm a little curious about what you mean by working with one :blink:

That's cool! Maybe there was a run of them.

And I'm a little curious about what you mean by working with one :blink:

Well, I work with them, and I was working with one like that! I have been working on a pictorial data page inventory of each of my better (to me) mibs for some time. I have three photographs of each one, their condition, diameters, identity if known and notes. Each marble has a designated number, that can then be indexed by type. I have developed a different storage technique too, making location of most the better ones a cinch (usually). I can put my hands on my mibs, often very directly and quickly. Crazy? Probably, but this makes the hobby more interactive to me, and causes me to "work with" and observe my marbles more critically. I've learned a lot this way...and it forces me to have to reference them frequently...keeping track of all those data and images takes a bit of time a lot of time. It really does wonders for learning these things, though. This is a process that I'll never reach the end of sure, but I do it anyway. I must be nuts! :D John

That's great John :) I wish I had time for a reference or an inventory like that. I need to figure out a cool way to display mine. I've run out of room in my one little display box that I have, and right now my more recent purchases are just sitting on my desk lol.

But with 50 hour work weeks and weekday obligations, too much going on. Ugh. Someday.

For now, I'll just search and collect.

:confetti:

• 2 months later...

Same color range, but I don't think yours are Akro, it looks like newer glass to me, but I am the last person to ask about the newer swirls, so sorry :(

Ooh, I just looked at your second photo, the one in the lower left, about the 7 or 8 o'clock position, that one is Akro :confetti: