Bobbers & Kibs Game

eggie

I found this week a Bobbers & Kibs marble game in box.

From an Antique dealer in The Netherlands

It is around 1900 include the original China marble - 23mm.

I can't find a picture these games on internet, only an advertisment and boxes of only stones on Ebay.

Someone knows more or has this game?

I think it's very rare.... or not?

post-3595-0-22948700-1448137363_thumb.jp

I don't know how to translate these pictures, but it is kids playing ....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/12920756.Playing_detective_to_remember_lost_games/

Bobber and kibs seems to be an old marbles game, played mainly by the lads, who would use the grooves of any convenient man hole to use as special gullies.

Winning rivals’ marbles and swopsies helped them build up their collection of different sizes and colours.

That is the advertisment i also found, thanx Steph.

It;s a kids game ans also the same as a dutch game "bikkelen".

I think tehse boxes are made for the UK and maby also US so i'm happy to find it in my own country

I hope to find a picture of the game such i have and not only advertisments

Bobbers and Kibs is a variation on an ancient game sometimes referred to as jackstones or jacks.. The game is played using a large marble and rectanglular pieces known as the kibs. Originally these pieces would have made with bone but in this later version are made from pottery.

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/museumsandgalleries/pages/object.aspx?oid=72465

I've seen the playing pieces at various flea markets over the years, never with the box.

There was a guy on Ebay a few years ago who had an original box of two-dozen of the pieces (4 each of 6 different colors) but the box had no markings on it. I didn't save the image.

I've seen the playing pieces at various flea markets over the years, never with the box.

There was a guy on Ebay a few years ago who had an original box of two-dozen of the pieces (4 each of 6 different colors) but the box had no markings on it. I didn't save the image.

I still see that boxes on Ebay for a high price