Heaton/Bogard Cats Range of Variation

Help!

Ron recently threw quite the major kink into my understanding of this category.  He pointed out a surprising type and everything I thought I knew about them shattered!  LOL And now I need to rebuild it!  

So, what is the range of variation?  Some looks so different from Marble King and some looks so similar.  And some may actually have come from MK (right?) when they had orders to fill and ran out.  I need to haul ought my copy of American Machine-Made Marbles to check that part. 

Heaton or Bogard ... I can never remember which anymore ... I have it in the Bogard folder at Photobucket, so let's call it that ...

Four vanes. Transparent/translucent.  At least three different shades. Plenty o' bubbles. Medium-surface area on the vanes.  

CatFlame-1.jpg

They have bananas and marbles with sharp skinny vanes and marbles which look kinda MK-y but have translucent vanes and marbles which look even more MK-y.

How did so much variety come from one little factory?

• 2 weeks later...

Mountaineer Shooters:

mountaineer.jpg

This particular packet has one clearie and one odd marble, with the rest being four vane.

The odd one (green) is half filled with green threads following the curve of the marble, a bit like some French sparklers.

The rest are four vane. The vanes aren't the fairly well centred relatively consistent type typical of my Heaton or Marble King four vanes. All colours apart from the yellow (which generally fill the marble to the point they look like they're trying to escape with the tips squeezed right to the edge) only fill part of the marble and are mostly off centre and slightly wavy - more like Vitro's. Both the yellow and blue have darker self coloured tips to the veins.

bogard.jpg

Neat to have those two different ones.  One fancy.  

The transparent/translucent vanes are ones I think of as non-Marble-King ... or at least not vintage Marble King.  

For interest, CE Bogard stapled their headers over the Heaton headers after they bought the company.  Here are some of those bags.  I will post some other bags pics of CE Bogard also.  Remember, there were some fake CE Bogard bags made by that guy out of Florida in the mid to late 1990's and he used MK cat's-eyes in those.

CE Bogard over Heaton Bag (No# - torn) (20) - Side 1 - Al.jpg

CE Bogard over Heaton bag (20) - Side 1 - Al.JPG

CE Bogard over Heaton bag (19) (has 21) - Side 1 - Al.JPG

CE Bogard over Heaton Bag (19) (has 20) - Side 1 - Al.JPG

As I'd got a couple of 10 count Big Shot's I thought I'd carefully open one:

heaton.jpg

Contents:

heaton contents.jpg

Most are what I'd describe as 'Marble Kingesque', although there's frequently a gap where the vanes meet.

Three variants in this pack:

heaton types.jpg

Yellow 'Marble Kingesque' (glows under UV), orange transparent vane and a lighter orange more wavy vane that's more 'vitro-like' with a lighter centre to the vanes darkening towards the tip (possibly more obvious in the previous group shot)

Bogard appear to have been the main supplier of Cats Eyes to Champion for their mixed packs - the unsold packs from their warehouse have a lot of Bogard in them - some of the packs look like Ann's example just with a few Champion clearies mixed in.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, Steph said:

hmmm ... the green dot one?  what is happening there?  

Just a rounded butt-crack kinda thingee.  Has a few snips of green ribbons on the other side --