Post pics of cold-rolls, cutlines, hit marks, etc. on machine-mades

Steph

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe we should start a mystery marble thread. That last one I posted would fit right in because it has a bullet mold parting line and sprue break mark but it's also a swirl on half of it. That's a mystery to me. Dang, I'm not going to sleep again tonight.

• 3 months later...

So here's a question for you. The broken ribbons that we love on some NLRs…did they figure out a way to do this on purpose, or was it an occurrence that technically was a mishap? Perhaps it happened at first because a very slight change in procedure and they figured out how to do it, because obviously it happed somewhat frequently. Or maybe I just asked to many questions LOL

IMG_5368.JPG

8 hours ago, lstmmrbls said:

The pelt that looks like 3 seams is just a folded marble where the fold makes what looks like a 3rd seam. Happens in several manufacturers.  Stream got thin.

Yeah I love it when that happens it in NLR's! I don't know if your member me bro. I'm Pauls buddy Derek. I met you at both the Seattle show and the Vegas show last summer and fall. I bought this clear base from you in Vegas and we had a great conversation in Seattle about Berlin. :) Anyways I was just trying to get a conversation going on whether you guys think Peltier figured out a way to get the glass to fold over itself like that on purpose since it happens more frequently than most makers in there earlier Marbles.  Because if they weren't doing it on purpose, wouldn't technically be considered a factory error? 

IMG_5485.JPG

Hey Derek!  Is it a defect r error? Not so sure,  It is pretty much the same as the Jabo buttcrack.  Not sure if was wanted but just part of the process when the stream got smaller than what was needed for a seam at each end with pelts and vitros, and too big to produce swirls in Jabos?? I have a box of Akro Tri-Colored Agates and over a quarter of them are folded,  For some reaso it very rarely ever happened with Master Mades. I have only seen one and I sold it for pretty good coin.

• 3 months later...
On 2016-10-21 at 10:39 PM, jeeperman said:

Top right pic, the circle, it is slightly rough feels and looks like metal, can't explain it. It looks like a broke off punty but it should not be there. lol Sorry about the dusty marble.

2013-10-14 more slags27-2.JPG

Hadn't thought about it sooner until the thread got bumped, but could it be a finial of some type?  Maybe a backlit pic?