Nice little surprise

In Montana there are seemingly more grizzlies than mibs in the wild so imagine my surprise when I opened the drawer in an antique store and found the NLR in mint condition and the NM CAC in the same $7 bag! Grabbed the handmade for $8 just because. I thought I'd take a picture of me holding these and post it in the hunting trophy cork board at the local sporting goods store.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Nice alley...I see the CAC color separation being more distinct but it is uncanny how close the actual colors are between the two. Makes me wonder whether that was coincidental or intentional competition.

j.m.o. ... c.a. went to ravenswood to stop the competition with a sledgehammer ... after that .. they knew they couldn't stop the brilliant mind and innovation of l.e. alley ... bill

Here is an excerpt from Fiedlers contract with Peltier.  I would imagine similar wording went into most contracts for whom ever was in charge of mixing colors at all sites as they wanted to sell marbles in colors that the kids liked.  That is why so many similar color combos came from so many makers IMO.

KLYbC0.jpg

Yep.  And there are only certain chemicals that will produce certain colors, no matter what different proportions and additives are used . . .

Certain color combinations may be more prevalent in one or the other company's marbles . . . but it seems to me that the only colors that can be tied to a particular maker with certainty are the "electric" colors of Christensen.

Call me crazy.