If this brick could talk...

bumblebee

16 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Awesome find! I double check every jar I see, it only takes one  mib to make me giddy😁

Took me about 45 minutes to accept it wasn't a contemporary remake, but later, under a loupe, I could see micro flea bites and the glass in better light, and I knew it was vintage.

Ah the simple ecstasies of this hobby. If only they were more frequent!

5 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

You just have to hunt more, with more things to collect. I have 7 or 8 collections, so I usually find something in every store.

I want to but nothing so far has grabbed my imagination and sense of beauty like marbles, not to mention the thrill of the hunt aspect where condition is king.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, bumblebee said:

...it would tell me how on earth it stayed mint and made its way into a $20 jar of beat up vintage marbles.

I bet the glass which bricks were made from, is different from other vintage marbles and can take more abuse. A worn brick looks a bit like masonry brick. Other heavily used glass marbles just look beat up.

8 hours ago, bumblebee said:

I want to but nothing so far has grabbed my imagination and sense of beauty like marbles, not to mention the thrill of the hunt aspect where condition is king.

Knives, especially military theater-made

razors

folkart, political, and gadget canes

blenko Art glass 

US 1800’s private tokens

political medals

and a few more my wife doesn’t know about🤣

I rarely buy off the internet, otherwise I’d go broke.

2E48BC6D-0CF1-4465-9A34-A912091B1D46.jpeg

6957D004-64C7-4762-ADCE-AE2FCE16C183.png

6E5BF0E1-0AEE-4E89-98F8-9A6E58BCCF8A.jpeg

FB0DDF1A-9E94-42BF-B897-B020CBE73594.jpeg

On 12/13/2019 at 1:33 AM, schmoozer said:

To clarify, I have been collecting these items for 25+years...

the marbles started with a group of Vacor meteor marbles in early 2000 I received from my MIL. 

I'm flirting with other collecting hobbies, but nature photography is becoming my other hobby since I moved to MT. Another collecting hobby I've been drawn to are the vintage tobacco cards. They're small, generally very affordable, and have vast topics and neat artwork.