Idea

Berryb

Preface; A knife site I go to does an annual pos exchange. Each   entrant   submits his or  her  name and address these are drawn so you know where to send. This year I sent to Alaska and got from S.Carolina. The rules  are few and simple; no piles of parts, nothing rusted shut, and at least one functional blade . This is a lot of fun. The comments that fly back and forth are as good as the exchange itself.

Proposal; we could try something similar. It could give everybody some new mibs to pick thru to help combat the stay at home doldrums. Don't know if it would work with mibs.  I see a minimum number of marbles, 50? 100? flyin' around the country. I expect there would need to be other rules as well, couldn't send 100 vacors or Asian cat eyes, that's why I need input. Whaddya think. I'm gonna'  post my gets from Chicago In 2017 to kinda show what  the knife exchange is like.

pos gets 2017.JPG

32 minutes ago, Steph said:

I'm in on whatever anyone decides.  But I admit I'm not clear on what you're envisioning.  :)  

Jason?

@bumblebee

Another forum did this years ago during Christmas. As a sender and recipient, I found it enjoyable but I did not have to manage it. I'm too busy to manage it, but I can help with ideas and such.

I recall everyone submitted their info privately to a manager, who then randomized the match ups and contacted everyone with their recipient info. There were also deadlines to ensure each got his/hers within a few days of each other.

I think rules such as the following would ensure more fun:

1. Agree to send at least $10 in marbles at current street value. This allows newer collectors to participate but ensures everyone gets something fun.

2. When people sign up, have them tell the manager how long they have collected and what their favorites styles/makers are. This optional info can help a designated sender create a more exciting marble mail if their collection allows. I'd rather send hybrid cats to a cat-eye lover than a nice cork they won't appreciate.

It could also end up being more fun if people were matched semi-randomly based on how many years they have collected. That way the stuff they are getting is more of a match to their experience.

Thoughts?