I need help in id's of 2 marbles

bonniemarbles

The marbles I would like to id. are in my album, labeled  view 1, view 2, & view 3, plus in the center of my pic. labeled "16 marbles to be identified."  The first marble I think Is either a gooseberry or a Joseph Swirl - you can see the pontil mark is rough on both ends where the swirls start- & the base glass is  transparent apple-ish green. The second one is the yellow corkscrew on the transparent , bubble filled watermelon color base, in the pic, Do I put it in with my Akros, or  somewhere else? There are others I have questions on, but I see they need better pics.- I felt at least you all can easily see the qualities, of these. All help is appreciated, Bonniemarbles

I can't clearly make out the colors on the handmade but I believe there are too many for it to be a gooseberry and too few for it to be a Joseph's Coat.  Also I think the base of a gooseberry should be a yellow shade.  Also, I think there are probable other pattern differences that a Joseph's Coat might have.  Possibly I should know the name it actually is but I have a blindspot on handmade names.

@I'llhavethat1 ... what do you think?

On 4/20/2020 at 6:48 AM, dannyboy said:

1st is a transparent swirl, or as some call it a naked core swirl. A very nice marble with that color. 2nd (if it's the middle one) is a lemonade oxblood.

I agree on both calls, in these pics the handmade looks like a very nice naked core swirl, but some closer pics would help. 

Bonnie, i do have some (theories and speculation) on the Akro colored transparent corkscrews. Some may disagree but here goes. During Akros production of the two colored opaque corks, especially the less attractive white opaque base and yellow cork, they seem to have made less of these in my opinion. So having lots of yellow cullet maybe in stock and less of these being sold (non-attractive) per say, they (may have) decided to change the base color to these examples.  They went to the (colored transparent) types all the way from clear to red. The (champagne (pinkish) colored was one of the first ones sought after years ago. As you search in the years to come you will find quite a few different transparent base colors, as they do range in many colors combos. This change was (probably) to make a (prettier) example that might sell better to the kids. After all is was to make profitable moneys for  the company and use some already in stock materials.  This is some thoughst i have had over teh long years of collecting.  Chuck G---