Great find at goodwill for $3

Sure $3.00 why not. I have been searching my local Goodwill monthly or bimonthly for ten years. Also searching them to and from shows all over. I have yet to bring one marble home from Goodwill. 

I gave up on goodwill a while back, most of the good stuff never makes the shelves.

a local antique/thrift store reopened recently, found a great Puuko knife and 1930’s blenko vase for pennies on the dollar.

My plan was going to be to check out the local thrift shops, since I just moved.  But then Covid 19 caused them to close.  The last thing I bought at a thrift shop was a button made out of an antler for a dollar.  It was the coolest thing. 

I got some turquoise marbles at a thrift store.  The  lady in the sorting area in the back had a bag of marbles for filling in missing marbles from games.  She let me go through it and take out all the turquoise ones for a buck. 

Today I got a bag of mostly cat's eyes from a yard sale -- vintage but common.   A few rainbos and all-reds. A beat-up PPP.   I  told the folks what they had.  They enjoyed the lesson and then I asked what they wanted for 'em. They made me pick a price.  I offered 10 -- which I think was fair -- and  they agreed to it because they trusted my assessment.    And I got some other stuff.   Might be the first glass marbles I ever got at a yard sale.  I found some plastic Star Trek themed marbles once.  Yeah ... feels good to find any kind of vintage marbles in the wild.