Berry Pink?

schmoozer

Interesting.

I see why there might be reluctance to call Berry Pink on it.  Is anyone suggesting alternatives?  

If it were smaller I might be pushing hard in the Peltier direction.  But at 1" ... I'm not familiar with such large patches from Pelt. 

Is that opalescence I'm seeing in the base?   

Very interesting marble.

Translucent means light will pass thru but you can't read the paper thru it. 

Opalescent glass has an opal like fire when a light is shone thru it. Opalescent glass is also translucent. This pic of Moonies shows a hint of opalescence,  all of these marbles have better fire, I just couldn't get it to photograph. Thanks

Bruce

moonies3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Berryb said:

Translucent means light will pass thru but you can't read the paper thru it. 

Opalescent glass has an opal like fire when a light is shone thru it. Opalescent glass is also translucent. This pic of Moonies shows a hint of opalescence,  all of these marbles have better fire, I just couldn't get it to photograph. Thanks

Bruce

moonies3.jpg

Thanks! This one is translucent.

MK Berry Pink is opaque base or clear base. Some call the clear base, a naked Berry Pink. All near 7/8 inch. Never seen a one inch Berry Pink but maybe possible, MK made several one inchers and larger. I think it is just a one inch MK patch.

Al posted a picture above of 7/8 inch marbles produced by Marble King and named Berry Pink. Berry Pink was the original Marble King. That is what he wanted to be called or known as. Berry Pink never made or produced marbles but was the best ever promoter of play marbles. He was in a partnership with Alley at the Sistersville WV location. He was part owner at the start of the Marble King Company. He was a marble jobber, salesman and promoter. He promoted more than anyone else ever the marble games, marble shooting and marble tournaments all over the country. He was good friends with Roger Howdyshell who managed and later owned Marble King Company. His was the god father of Berri (Howdyshell) Fox, current owner of the Marble King Company.