Hello was going thru some marbles I just purchased... these two have no idea

boris64

I think much more interesting than Japanese transitionals.

I don't see MFC.  With those pontils, I think 1800's.  Maybe from one of Leighton's companies.

But this type of marble is outside my comfort zone so do wait for others to weigh in.  

Let me say, I'm sure they are not MFC.   And I'm pretty sure not Japanese transitional, because those pontils seem to make them seem fully handmade.

But I'm not familiar enough with handmade marbles.   For you I hope they're Leightons, but I don't know enough to rule out them being remelts or some other contemporary marble.  

Ya had to get those pelts and broth's in there ( I would have also) didn't you:thup::thup:?? now I have to get lap blanket for the drool. Sorry I have an idea on those mibs but not sure so not going to mislead. Not gonna do it , I retract. someone else will know exactly.

Edited by Chad G.
retraction!!

Haven't heard of a cypher marble before, is that a collector term?  What are the sizes? 

The pontils look different than what I'd expect on a vintage German, but it's hard to tell from the pics.  A background with less "texture" should allow your camera to focus better.  There were some similar looking handgathered marbles that came out more recently from Bulgaria.

Nice Clambroths in the first pic.