Opaque black marble with subtle aventurine- who makes these?

MarbleMaven

New gal here!  But not new to marble collecting.  This was hard to photograph- under normal light this opaque mib appears solid black, but when I louped it, it came alive with flashes of aventurine in very unorganized bands covering about 80% of the surface.  The collection it was hiding in was a majority of good but common machine made Alley's and Master's from the 50's or thereabouts.

Anyone know who made this?  Measures right at 16mm plus a hair.

inCollage_20201124_130849895.jpg

inCollage_20201124_130930486.jpg

That's a nifty marble. I have seen similar green ones that folks say are Master Marbles. I've seen the green swirly ones too- no idea where those came from. But the only black one's I have seen like yours I was convinced were foreign - sort of an Imperial type. If I looked hard enough, I might be able to find one or two around here but I must say, I have not laid eyes on them in years . . .

Just read thru the "post a marble with a name" thread. I had 2 thoughts : Any way of restoring or replacing the photobucket time outs? And is there any way of pinning it to the top of "marble ids" permanently?  It could be a great tool, especially if added to regularly. Thanks

Bruce

7 hours ago, Berryb said:

Just read thru the "post a marble with a name" thread. I had 2 thoughts : Any way of restoring or replacing the photobucket time outs? And is there any way of pinning it to the top of "marble ids" permanently?  It could be a great tool, especially if added to regularly. Thanks

Bruce

You could start a new one with the same theme.   Photobucket changed their terms of service so drastically that accounts became unusable for most people.