Marble collection questions

Liz

If you can take some individual pics of each bag (close-ups)and post them here, we can give you a general idea.  From the overall view, they appear to all be machine made marbles (meaning no old turn of the century German ones).  The 3 labeled bags at the bottom are called fantasy bags (people made them up starting in mid-1990's - worth maybe $3 each.  Other than that, more close-up pictures will be needed.

Hi.  These appear to be mostly modern (after 1970) and commons.   

No particular value, though of course a little value since modern marbles are still being sold at in retail stores for at least a few cents each.  

I think these are pretty cool.  I had never seen any marbles like this before.  I am not an  avid marble collector, so I've probably only come across the more common ones in my life. THanks again for all of your replies. 

20201128_153803.jpg

35 minutes ago, Alan said:

As others have noted - they are almost all modern marbles and game marbles, generally not collected.  Some are quite new.  The bags are fake bags with new marbles - often sold to the unsuspecting in "antique" stores.

Dad probably bought them on vacations.  Not trying to get valuable marbles. Just because he liked them.  Thanks

If the "John Deere marbles" you are talking about are in a labeled bag referencing the tractor company, that is probably a fantasy bag too. But I am pretty sure I see some neat looking older marbles in the bunch as well. It'd be fun to see what kind of groups you could put together and take photos of if you looked for the marbles with the most different colors, those with nicely-colored clear(er) glass or those with the most interesting-stuff going on inside. In general, marbles are fun . . . welcome to the club!

😄

Like the others have said, these are almost or all newer modern marbles. Jabo, Vacor(Mexico), foreign, etc.  It will be a problem to sell these. They have almost no collector value. Most of us give them away to kids. Like the bag with the green and white are Jabo swirls. I have helped package the Lehmans bags with Jabo marbles. They were sold originally in the Lehmans hardware store near Sugar Creek Ohio, Amish area.  Most of the marbles are ten cents each. The larger ones with the different colored frit glass pieces on the surface are Vacor from Mexico. Sometimes they might be $1.00 each if lucky. There are thousands of listings on Ebay for marbles,. But these probably would not sell on Ebay. Plus Ebay and Paypal will take 25%. Facebook has a few marble auctions groups. The other option is consign them to a local auction house. Any marble collector with a years experience most likely will not want these. They have had them and learned the hard way of their value.  Even old marble does not mean value, some are, some are not. Condition is very important no matter how old or how rare.