Inspired...

Marbleneophyte

Points for trying, chocobogreens!   I don't see any Christensens though.   The top right might be an Alley Pistachio.   I think these days folks are insisting that the base light up under blacklight for it to be a Pistachio ... does yours light up?  

x2 no Christensen, congrats on the nice Alley pistachio  :thup:  excellent swirling pattern !! Christensen's in any form are getting very hard to come by, once you see and hold a layered sand in your hand you will never forget what they look like, a very rare marble and VVVHTF (very very very hard to find ) "kudos" for the guess, just throw it out there, the worse you can be is wrong and when you learn what it is it will not easily be forgotten. All the marbles I guessed wrong on in the past are now well remembered.

Steph: Is there a difference between "a pistachio" and pistachio colored glass?  The reason I ask is, I have mibs I always considered pistachio -both Akro and Pelt, that do not light up.

Cool mib by the way, Marbleneophyte. It's always a treat when they light up that way. Thanks

Bruce

pistachio corks.jpg

pistachio rainbos.jpg

Bruce, back around 2008, it was mostly about the color, and it was considered acceptable for them not to glow, and I remember one conversation where Ron said that it was about 50-50 whether they would glow.   I don't know what the "rules" were before then ... maybe the 50-50 was a temporary loosening of the rules, or maybe it was a step along the way to the current standard.  but as far as I know the current standard is that it needs glow.

I don't know if the keepers of the name require that the marble be an Alley.   My memory is a little more fuzzy on this aspect, but I seem to recall a time when it was considered possible that a Pistachio could have been made by Ravenswood too.  

So, yes, there's a difference between "Pistachio" and pistachio-colored glass.  Even Alleys get segregated that way.   I'd describe the Akros and Pelts as "pistachio-colored glass" even if they did glow.  

One more note:  it's not just the base which needs to be right to earn the name Pistachio from purists.   I have some UV-reactive pistachio-colored-glass Alleys with medium-shade brown swirls instead dark brown/black.  I call those "nice Alleys" because I think they have to have the dark ribbons to qualify as Pistachios.  

Thanks for everyone's help so far.  Any thoughts about the remaining ones?  I've been doing some more studying and I think the first one is Champion.  I found both Champion and Ravenswood examples that are very similar but the quality of the glass has me leaning Champion.  The second one I'm leaning Alley but I can't tell you why.  The forth one I'm thinking Alley or Heaton.  The pattern is busy on one side and sparse on the other.  The last 2 I'm leaning Ravenswood but I wonder if I'm being unduly influenced by the size?