Nice horsehairs, ID please?

Rooster

That's what the bags are for Since we'll all be moving a little slower 🐢  we need to be incognito :character-smileys-238:  to get into those hard to reach spots. Maybe a little dieting before hand for some of us ?? Gotta be in tip top shape 💪 to get away from the marble police :Panic: 🚓 !!

You all know I'm just kiddin and well aware of the digging situation, almost everywhere there is left to dig has a fence and a stiff fine or is just plain on private property. Either that or it's under pavement or concrete, therefore inaccessible. That's why I grabbed up on them Heaton, not only some very cool mibs but historically just about the bottom of the barrel as far as digging goes. You might get away with it if you are young and fast and don't mind going to jail, myself those days are long since past. I'll sit here and clean Heatons off, plenty of time to do it right now. Stay safe and "keep em rollin "

Check out "Rocks Cousteau" videos. He digs lotsa mibs. His first love is Native American artifacts, but he digs up lotsa marbles on factory dumps and old city dumps. His most recent video is a creek bed that was a MK dump. He got buckets of mibs and cullet.  He lives in Ohio but crosses regularly into WV to dig marbles. He digs up lots of mibs on old city dumps and probably mis-identifies many of them. If someone could find him and follow him around it could be alot of fun. Thanks

Bruce

11 hours ago, Rooster said:

I'm a former women's football player and very strong digger and carry-er... close to WV... Marble Swat ready! only 42 years young

I remember when I was 42, still had my Superman cape 😤 💪. About 10 years later or so, someone put a Brick wall in front of me and no matter what I did to elude🏋️‍♂️ 🚴‍♂️ 🤸‍♂️ 🤼‍♂️ 🏊‍♂️ 🧗‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️ 🚵‍♂️  it still caught up to me. Logging, steel mills, lumber mills, shipyards, all about as physically intense as you can get, I worked my body into a frazzle. It felt like someone was 🤡 me . The dreaded "early demise 💀 syndrome" I better post a couple oxblood before I get on another 🐇 trail. A couple of reprints from my Akro Friday posts, one inside and one out, yes I prefer the sun for mib pics, also my favorite Jabo oxbloods & I threw in another piece of akro ware. All eye candy !! Sorry no pics of stringy horsehair.

Chad G. :party-243:

5.PNG

307.PNG

87.PNG

95.PNG

112.PNG

94.PNG

1 (592).JPG

If he gets caught in the creek at Paden City, he may get a free night or nights stay in WV.  I have seen his videos, I am not sure that I would want to follow him ?  He jumps and gets excited over a newer All Red for him worth $50.00 .  Then there was the 7/8 one which was worth $100.00 with the dings. That must be the key, why I can't get $5.00. Mine must look to new ? I need to age them. Get the ball bearings out for use. 

All he's gonna do is get every yah who known to man out there where he is and the police patrolling  it all the time and watchin it so close nobody will be there, which there isn't supposed to be in the first place. I live in Washington state, about as far away from the any marble factory as you can get  ( except Anacortes ) as a matter of fact 55 more miles and I'd be swimming in the Pacific. Lets see, drive over , google earth, look for creek or creek beds leading through in or around the old property, bingo I'm digging right beside him with the cops in the background. I have no idea what he's trying to promote or prove except glorify himself and the lawbreaking he's doing, he's ruining it for us folks and making us look bad to boot "he will get caught" and better hope those marbles he has are worth what he says they are ( not ) so he can post bail and pay the criminal trespass fine. And since he likes being outside so much he ought to enjoy the "community service" he'll be doing (probably ditch digging since he's had so much practice) Doing it is one thing, putting it out on YouTube, twitter or wherever. Like I said if given the legal opportunity to dig, I'm all over it, I want to do it so bad, but until then I'll sit here and clean some or Heaton or make another flat, build some boxes etc....

Chad G.

Yes trespassing is trespassing! I have gotten caught trespassing to get old bricks from the Monongahela River here in Pittsburgh. Sucks but private property is private for a reason. 

Rocks definitely doesn't know diddly about prices, but I still find his dump dig vids entertaining but pillaging the marble creek is certainly concerning.

Since nobody here actually knows him, an assumption that he does not have permission is pure speculation.  Most of his digging is done on abandoned roadside dumps, which were probably illegal in the first place. This summer he posted a video that showed one such roadside dump where there had obviously been a truckload of marble manufacture scrap dumped. So not all marble trash went out the back door.

You guys are correct though, he does wildly over-estimate the value of marbles,  and he mis-identifies many of them. What I enjoy watching is the almost childlike joy he has in finding marbles and other stuff. He sees beauty in the most mundane marbles. Part of me wishes I was still like that. Sorry If I made anybody mad, but I do enjoy watching his videos. Thanks

Bruce

I also enjoy his joy and watch his vids. Hope he stays safe, like he said in latest vids the toxins at these dump areas are also a concern. Glad he is using gloves in latest vid. Creek bottoms are where all the heavy, and most often most dangerous, metals will collect.

If he is trespassing, making vids of it is a little "simple" if I wanna use West Virginia terms. Hopefully it's either public land or he has permission, or else just like Ron mentioned he might get an overnight stay in WV. 

I'm still watchin the show! :icon_popcorn:

Nobody's mad Bruce !! I like his vids to, just not some of the stuff I know he's doing. All the property is private around the plant and I highly doubt he has permission unless he's related to the land owner. The people that live in the area are fed up with marble people trespassing. I live 1500 or more miles away and still hear about it here. I used to dig bottles with a friend that has passed, we used look at the old maps from city hall, located the outhouses' and school playgrounds and started the permission trip. Most of the dumps around here are a big no because a couple legal bottle diggers fell through because of the way the trash used to just be dumped leaves big cavities as it rots away. Anyway they fell through and got all cut up and broke a few bones and the city had to pay because it happened on their property unfortunately " The End ". Bill, my friend had an extensive marble and coin collection mostly from the old out houses, lets face it if your doing your business and your favorite mib or some change falls out of the pocket, your not going fishing, good for bottles because pops would hide from mom in the out house and throw the evidence in the hole. Hard work digging down to pay dirt, so anything we found was gold to us. I'm glad he'd been doing it for years and could tell 99% of the time what he was hitting on the other end of that steel rod. We still dug but most of the time we knew what for, marbles where just an added bonus we found on the way down, he didn't even collect them, unless you call throwing them in a jar when you get home collecting. Yes it is very addictive, like gold mining, now I know how they felt.