Nice horsehairs, ID please?

Rooster

Both Akro, and they shouldn't glow, an ade base has a much different base, the newer uv glass doesn't glow from depleted uranium like the old ade glass and has a clearer base to it than the older stuff. You can see the difference in base glass in the examples I'll show.

At 29/32 this one is quite a bit larger and HTF without damage

Next, 7/8ths and green instead of blue

5/8ths slight streaks of ox with an egg yolk patch, if this where heavier like the first one and bigger a nice VHTF mib

None of these three are uv reactive, I've never had one like this that was, kind of an ace looking opaque base to these, never seen one with an ade base. I've had many akro ade patches in every color imaginable. Akro made patches way before they made corkscrews, that was their big seller which they were very proud of until they started making corks. I'll post a few ade patches for ya to gander at. I hope this helps ya out a little bit with some of your I.D.'s Deanna ??

image.thumb.png.800949edfc3c79de7d18066c01ea28b2.png

image.thumb.png.a9434aee9fd94f0a9fcccae82e5e941b.png

image.png.0a04d7b8f2ab7e191acac76229b187ee.png

These are all Akro uv. ade patches, Highly uv. reactive, 2 Cherryade a limeade a lemonade and a VVHTF white uv. patch

image.png.e2ea064db23ea5d837bdf9aa95bc58ba.png

And a few more, with a VVHTF blueberry ade patch along with 2 lemonade

image.png.e9ec676d5c6810be7019dbc0f0e14164.png

ALL of these ades light up like the sun under uv. light like this cherryade

image.png.9ed7ea7476eefa3f37be8fba9008a60e.png

Very nice pics! I ended up with a whole small bag of the little ox patch ones after sorting. I definitely have ades and moss agages that glow. A couple years ago I got a marble bag full of old Akros including those. 

Yesterday we found a limeade and lemonade corkscrews, kinda exciting firsts for us! Thank you for all the tips!

Your welcome !!

Check out these 3 Akro patches, one has an ade base and the other 2 have an ace base, can you tell the difference ??

image.thumb.png.9f2469321d5b9b13ce33cf0ec40ff32c.png

Here's the answer, the same 3 mibs under a fluorescent tube, this may surprise you !!

image.thumb.png.fb0b879cbf73dc6ff94471c893db3aad.png

The big ones a nice 3/4 inch shooter, the other 2 are 5/8ths, the size has no bearing, I've had them both over an inch.

image.thumb.png.38d1a95f86047142996d6ac902a3a7c0.png

A very subtle color difference in the glass you will learn to recognize over time

I was only kidding Deanna, but since you've offered " Thank You " I do need some wet mint, hvy. ox coverage, 11/16ths or larger patches, or if you have any wet ones with just an oxblood patch. Just let me know what you want to trade for and I'll see what I can do. 90 % of my mibs are 9.8 wet mint, I've been culling for about 5 years now, I had to sell my 20 some year collection during a divorce in 09, one of the least treasured moments in my life, watching 22 yrs of collecting go to auctions and Ebay :eusa_doh: Ah well all uphill from here, that water went under the bridge and hit the ocean long ago. I like Pelts, Alley, Germans, Akro, Master, MK, Vitro, Heaton, Cairo, and Contemps. in that order. I do have more Pelts and Germans than anything, Oh! alot of HEATON as you seen some of the pix on the thread I started. We can trade pix and come to an equitable trade for both of us. One good thing is we don't have to pay Ebay or Pay Pal fee :angry2: ( ONE IN THE SAME ) they just have the two different names to bilk more cash out of you, it's like :deadhorse:  Remember when Ebay and the web started, FREE COMERCE YAY !! and then it was over. I look forward to some pics, Jess got a killer clip on macro for her cell, it's posted somewhere here on MC, I'll find it for you and repost, better pix than my camera, a great investment, I think under $40.00, take a look at her pix, killer with just that little clip on addition, she uses a maglite for her lighting I couldn't believe it :o you won't either after you see her pix, she has a bunch on "Akro Friday" her avatar is Disco005 you'll see her there and me as well, don't forget to post on "Happy Akro Friday" on Friday ( Tomorrow ) under the header "General Marble Glass Chat" Later.

Chad G.  :party-243:

Nice Akro ware Bill ( Hope ya had a great new years ), and the matchin cullet too. Wish I had the cullet to go with mine, course I didn't get to go on them midnight raids:character-smileys-238: on the old Akro plantation :pirate: Aargh !!  I like the shaded pumpkin, ox, as well as the regular pumpkin :icon_popcorn:

image.png.cba793b752fe50934e73652cf05d14cd.png

image.thumb.png.08baace4267b691c79f0880adf5dddb9.png

image.thumb.png.eab94a796468ed1d91f1fe6df26f4d08.png

image.thumb.png.4ae6e95b67c81c799fde3da89f3c74bd.png

image.thumb.png.41b5763f6e08ca892c6b53cfa3523d35.png

image.thumb.png.a311ba97379d7997c1dafd7c628d95d5.png

I sure remember those big white base green and yellow mibs.  I remember tracking in the heavy red clay mud at the Bridgeport-Clarksburg Texas Roadhouse afterwards.  We sure got some looks but we were tired and hungry. Plus the old Mountaineer restaurant many late night and early mornings, dirty, wet, muddy, tired, and hungry but with smiles.  Plus the Pennsboro Crossroads Cafe breakfast and late dinners, and the waitress who liked to set beside Bill. She always got a good tip. We sure used up a lot of  AA and AAA batteries.  Wore out several pairs of gloves, boots, coats and coveralls. But it was worth all of it.  What wonderful memories, better than the marbles. 

6 hours ago, wvrons said:

I sure remember those big white base green and yellow mibs.  I remember tracking in the heavy red clay mud at the Bridgeport-Clarksburg Texas Roadhouse afterwards.  We sure got some looks but we were tired and hungry. Plus the old Mountaineer restaurant many late night and early mornings, dirty, wet, muddy, tired, and hungry but with smiles.  Plus the Pennsboro Crossroads Cafe breakfast and late dinners, and the waitress who liked to set beside Bill. She always got a good tip. We sure used up a lot of  AA and AAA batteries.  Wore out several pairs of gloves, boots, coats and coveralls. But it was worth all of it.  What wonderful memories, better than the marbles. 

Amen to the memories Ron, my main driving force, making "new Friends" and "new memories" the marbles are just extra icing on the cake.

9 hours ago, mibcapper said:

.................... :tv-062:

digs 023.jpg

digs 026.jpg

digs3 002.jpg

dugs 006.jpg

Maybe you, me, and your swat team :character-smileys-238: :character-smileys-238: :character-smileys-238: :character-smileys-238: :character-smileys-238: could plan one more assault  :pirate:  some day!!  if there's a place left to hit ?? :dunno:  Gonna need a backhoe  and some dyno 💣  

Almost every marble factory site in WV is empty or filled over deep. Only two or three sites of about fourteen have any amount of marbles remaining in the ground.  The good ole days are very near gone forever. Any dug marbles might be rare in the years ahead.  I have some hopes yet for two sites maybe someday ?  I told people that Heaton would change owners. Then maybe we would have a chance at it once again. It happened and while I was still able to be part of it. My swat team has got older and not so fast any longer.