Bloodies?

Tommy

There is a variety of Bloodies. Peltier Bloodies, CAC Bloodies, and collectors have a wide range of what they now label Bloodies. Another name that has been stretched enough that it has lost a lot of its original value and meaning. 

There are 2 kinds of "bloodies" in my Block book: CAC- "opaque white base with transparent red and translucent brown swirls." and Pelt, a rainbo with "Opalescent white bases with a pair of red ribbons encircling the equator". I think only CAC used the term "bloodie" for a specific type of marble.  Everything else is just a red marble.  Your o.p. mibs look like a red and yellow swirl (I don't know who made it), and an Akro red and yellow snake corkscrew.

I tend to be a "lumper" rather than a "splitter" so for me the fewer terms the better. While many collector terms are generally accepted and even necessary ("snake" and "corkscrew" for example) giving a name to every color combination, while fun, may not be helful in the long run. Sorry about the disjointed screed. Thanks

Bruce 

Are we seeing yellow?  Or is white which is coming out yellow on the screen?

I think we may be seeing two Akro Onyx in the OP.

The slag version of the Akro Onyx on the left.  The corkscrew version of the Akro Onyx on the right.  

But that's only if I'm looking at red and white marbles.

If red and yellow, then that's a little different as far as style names would go. 

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Are we seeing yellow?  Or is white which is coming out yellow on the screen?

I think we may be seeing two Akro Onyx in the OP.

The slag version of the Akro Onyx on the left.  The corkscrew version of the Akro Onyx on the right.  

But that's only if I'm looking at red and white marbles.

If red and yellow, then that's a little different as far as style names would go. 

I believe its white and the red is making it look yellow. I took these pics outside .

Appreciate the help.👍 the slag looks like a cherry in the middle .yummy 

20210206_094305.jpg

20210206_101046.jpg

20210206_094036.jpg

20210206_093949.jpg