Picked these up together in a bag

William

#1  &  #3 have the indicative oily sheen of a Vacor, the second is etched or (acid washed) glass & also a Vacor the name evades me.  # 4 looks Jabo from what I can see of it. Wait on some others to post, maybe a different opinion or a correction on the Jabo and a specific name of manufacturer for the W.Va. swirl !! 

1. "Vacor" (Mega) Cats eye

2. Vacor" (Mega) Blueberry freeze or something similar (looks Blueish green on my monitor ??)

3. "Vacor" (Mega) Spaghetti ??

4. looks like "Jabo" ??

5. West Virginia swirl

6. "Vacor" (Mega) I believe called a "Galaxy"

Many of the newer Vacor have that oily, pearlescent sheen to them, often along with an orange peel textured surface.

Not real sure on the Jabo William, All newer mibs except # 5, the W.Va. swirl.

image.thumb.png.b3303509b1393b326b4da8354418b064.png

image.png.39773318578ba6bd993f2aecd8d6b4e9.png

image.thumb.png.fbdbdc8507b3286d7b205920654d910d.png

When photographing a white marble or marble with lots of white. Use a different color background other than white. A smooth or very light texture background works best. The twist in or on the marble looks like the twist of the background. Several people use a light gray T-shirt as a background. Do not use something with a pattern or action going on for the background.  Many times cameras will focus on the background rather than the marble. Two keys for marble pictures, background and lighting, lighting, lighting. 

Thanks for the input...yeah the lighting in my house is tough too play with but I will work on it and the picture quality. I plan on picking up a new phone sometime soon so hopefully that also helps to improve my picture quality along with the tips. Mine is going on 3 years old and is of average quality. It struggles at times to focus. Thanks again! It doesn't show up very well in the picture but the mega catseye has a nice pearly sheen too it's surface. Really pretty.

I seen the sheen & that's the only reason I said "Vacor". Any other cats eye doesn't have that, specific to "Vacor" (Mega)Just the neutral background will help you immensely, your phone will focus on the marble instead of the bright background. as far as a bulb goes, I go to wall mart & get a 20 to40w 5000k daylight bulb. A bright bulb will only add to the reflections. I use a shadow box also when possible to cut out all reflection, you can get one at Walmart for $5.00 the bulb is about the same, so $10 bucks, I use a simple Sony camcorder set on macro in picture mode, you will find a happy medium in a few hours or less of trial & error "Good Luck". You can also get a clip on macro lens for your cell, see if it will fit before you get it. this is it & a link to some pix taken with it. Don't know if these results are typical but some pretty outstanding results. This link will take you to the whole thread on the clip on macro, you can go to amazon to see if they make one that fits, I don't own a cell.

LINK :https://marbleconnection.com/topic/26103-macro-lens/?tab=comments#comment-225747

image.thumb.png.e7f0e281b30c0aaa408d92fafc8a2415.png

image.thumb.png.7fc3f1a9c5562d7440ccb0380dfb1c96.png

image.png.329d091d09cec9d2bb7082eb98e19ad8.png

image.png.8b273f6b33ac5de6b68b12a52c8e3441.png

HERE"S THE UNREAL PART!!

image.thumb.png.11c743b07cd43a4031b005f53c52bd52.png