Found Jar of buried Marbles(800+), Jackson County WV

ShaneMac304

Jar has been buried for minimum 30+ years. Property owner died in the 1980"s-90's. Have no clue about marbles. The milk jug looked to be from 50-60's?? Hoping someone may be able to help...... Can post more photos if needed. These were the better looking marbles. More not pictured. Thanks so much!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Yes, a lot are out of round. Just got the micrometer yesterday. There are just so many😂😂😂 Any input is greatly appreciated! Did"nt want to spam pics of a bunch of worthless marbles. There are a lot more green and blues not pictured. Thanks so much!

I live in Jackson County WV.  Grew up here, went to school at Gilmore and Ravenswood. I have been with marbles 25+ years . A original founder of the West Virginia Marble Collectors Club 20+ years ago. I have helped with eight or nine marble books, some U tube marbles videos. I may be able to help you. Message me here, if you want some help ???? 

• Like 1
  • Award 1

I'm wondering if some of the egg shapes we are seeing in the picture are a camera illusion.  I would get egg shapes on the edges of pictures when using the macro lens on my last camera. 

You have them in hand and you say some are out of round ... but I'm wondering if maybe not as much as they look in the pictures.

Just a thought. 

4 hours ago, Ric said:

That's a cool find. They look vintage to me.- Vitro, Peltier, Alley, etc. Some of them appear to be egg-shaped or out of round. Are they? Or is it just me?

I see it also ..."The egg shape" , could be an illusion 🧐

1 hour ago, ShaneMac304 said:

Sorry about the pics😂😂😂😂Did'nt see that right corner before posting. No egg marbles.....Sorry everyone! 

LOL ...  no worries ... it happens.  That's why I recognized it.  ;)