Akro Sparkles

Fire1981

59 minutes ago, William said:

Earlier in this thread you will see where Ron makes reference to boxed Sparklers 

thank you for comments ... no, not ... boxed .... cased refers to the marble being " layered" in a final coat of clear glass. you can view the marble at different angles and see clear atop of the color striping. i hope this is explained correctly, as i'm not very good at times in .. explaining. but, what i really like about it is .. it has no fractures. sparks were suseptable, sp. ... fractures because of the glass being used. open for corrections ..... bill

1 hour ago, mibcapper said:

thank you for comments ... no, not ... boxed .... cased refers to the marble being " layered" in a final coat of clear glass. you can view the marble at different angles and see clear atop of the color striping. i hope this is explained correctly, as i'm not very good at times in .. explaining. but, what i really like about it is .. it has no fractures. sparks were suseptable, sp. ... fractures because of the glass being used. open for corrections ..... bill

Cheers. Nice marble good to know the case is not cracked

Being cased usually refers to handmade marbles. This is where usually a clear extra layer of glass is applied over top of the colors, making the colors look deep into the marble and also protecting the colors with a outer layer of clear.  The colors of some hand mades new and old can be in layers.  Add a color, add more clear, add a color add more clear, add a color and more clear. This gives the marble depth, more 3D.  

I am not sure if a machine made marble could be cased as most know that marble term.  When a machine made marble leaves the furnace and before hitting the rolls. I don't know of any way to add another extra outside layer of clear glass to it. The Akro Sparkler colors were added or injected into the hot glass stream or glob much like a Cat Eye is made. Some of those colors stay near the surface or go deeper, in Cat Eyes or Sparklers. Some Cat eye vanes come to the outside edge of the marble and some stay more inside. The Cat Eye marbles where the vanes stay more inside and do not come to the outside edge. These are not considered cased. 

Sorry Bill, you said open for discussion. But I think you were probably told cased as to help the sale. Cased or not ? It is still the best Akro Sparker that I have seen. It is mint, lots of very quality clear glass and full of colors any way it is turned.  

26 minutes ago, greenvwbug said:

Here’s 2 pictures,when I got this huge lot,and a closer one of random 100..enjoy973008A1-48A5-4E4E-8C19-902F2EB8AF0C.thumb.jpeg.a803a911ae0f5ff9005a428ec470a473.jpegF99F63CA-633F-4B1C-95D6-ABFA33235744.thumb.jpeg.71fefc615c9250f719ac51045f78cd13.jpeg

eeeeeeeeeeeeee gadzzzzzz .................. billy is dreaming ..... :party-243::confetti:........ whole production of akro sparklerzzzzzz ......... outstanding .... bill

8 hours ago, mibcapper said:

Gotcha, I overlooked that one earlier in this thread. Thanks for clarifying 😊

5 hours ago, wvrons said:

Being cased usually refers to handmade marbles. This is where usually a clear extra layer of glass is applied over top of the colors, making the colors look deep into the marble and also protecting the colors with a outer layer of clear.  The colors of some hand mades new and old can be in layers.  Add a color, add more clear, add a color add more clear, add a color and more clear. This gives the marble depth, more 3D.  

I am not sure if a machine made marble could be cased as most know that marble term.  When a machine made marble leaves the furnace and before hitting the rolls. I don't know of any way to add another extra outside layer of clear glass to it. The Akro Sparkler colors were added or injected into the hot glass stream or glob much like a Cat Eye is made. Some of those colors stay near the surface or go deeper, in Cat Eyes or Sparklers. Some Cat eye vanes come to the outside edge of the marble and some stay more inside. The Cat Eye marbles where the vanes stay more inside and do not come to the outside edge. These are not considered cased. 

Sorry Bill, you said open for discussion. But I think you were probably told cased as to help the sale. Cased or not ? It is still the best Akro Sparker that I have seen. It is mint, lots of very quality clear glass and full of colors any way it is turned.  

And thank you for the explanation of process! 👍