75 miles i am away from home

Someone made this and it got lost on the way

I found it 

The inscription says 

KEI TOF

Translated

Boulder Cool 

This wil get a nice spot at my home

Feels like a kind of20210622_101943.thumb.jpg.c0af3e6d26308ab05f8a737691478a04.jpg blessing

An amen to this 🙂 and have a nice day 

20210622_101936.jpg

20210622_101946.jpg

9 hours ago, Mojomarblelicious said:

Today at work... on the street i saw this on the ground 

75 miles i am away from home

Someone made this and it got lost on the way

I found it 

The inscription says 

KEI TOF

Translated

Boulder Cool 

This wil get a nice spot at my home

Feels like a kind of20210622_101943.thumb.jpg.c0af3e6d26308ab05f8a737691478a04.jpg blessing

An amen to this 🙂 and have a nice day 

20210622_101936.jpg

20210622_101946.jpg

Looks like it was waiting for you ?? Amen !!

• Award 1

Painting rocks and leaving them for others to find is a popular pastime around here - kids especially enjoy it. The idea is that if you find one, you should enjoy it and re-hide it (not too well) so someone else can find it and enjoy it too. If you want to keep it, you're supposed to replace it with one of your own making. They are often inscribed with the location of origin followed by the word "Rocks" and the date. I've actually found some really awesome ones when I'm walking the dog but I always re-hide them since I don't paint any of my own to replace them with. Lots of kids will take pictures of them before they re-hide them and have a sort of competition to see who can find the most when they're out at a park or something. I've found rocks from several different states (and years) at the park I frequent, which has a campground associated with it.

Just took pics of one I found along the beach where I fish, last year I found a bunch there just walking around, even some in the pine trees in low lying branches, one was shaped like mount St. Helens and panted as such, a real work of art !! I'll post the other one soon, a real beauty !! Ah !! I have te pix of the  rock, a very nice job of painting plus they enameled over it, gonna be a bit before this one wears off.

DSC03562.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03561.JPG

When I worked for the City of Ft.Collins I did a lot of work/play with 4-8 year olds while I was coaching hockey. When we'd check them in and they'd get their gear I always gave them a puck. I told them they could paint it or put stickers on it or whatever. It didn't matter. They had to throw their pucks on the ice the first time we practiced. They got mixed in with the regular pucks we used. But after practice all their pucks went in a separate bucket. At the end of the season we'd dump that bucket of pucks on the ice and shoot them all over the ice. Each kid got to grab one. We always made sure every kid got one. Then they'd go in the locker room and try to figure out who's puck they got. I had kids that had collected pucks from every season I coached them. 4 seasons a year. It was always cool seeing them in the locker room with those pucks. Hockey sticks,marbles and or painted rocks are not a good mix. 

10 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Just took pics of one I found along the beach where I fish, last year I found a bunch there just walking around, even some in the pine trees in low lying branches, one was shaped like mount St. Helens and panted as such, a real work of art !! I'll post the other one soon, a real beauty !! Ah !! I have te pix of the  rock, a very nice job of painting plus they enameled over it, gonna be a bit before this one wears off.

DSC03562.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03561.JPG

Mount St. Helens...you just had me thinking, I found a cup years ago back when I was buying/selling Antiques. It's dated on the bottom  and marked "Mt. St. Helens Ash" I'll have to share a picture when I find it.

36 minutes ago, William said:

Mount St. Helens...you just had me thinking, I found a cup years ago back when I was buying/selling Antiques. It's dated on the bottom  and marked "Mt. St. Helens Ash" I'll have to share a picture when I find it.

"Yes" there's loads of it around here, I collect it, it's glass made of ash from the May 1980 eruption of the Mountain. We watched it erupt from our backyard, Mt. St. Helens is only 50 miles away so it was just like watching T.V. The beach along the Columbia River where I Salmon fish is about half Mt. St. Helens ash still, it'll probably be washing down the river from the Cowlitz for the next couple hundred years. The Cowlitz is fed by Glaciers stemming from Mt. St. Helens so is continually flushing ash down into the Columbia, I think I have a pic of the headwaters of the Cowlitz at the base of the Mountain.

The headwaters of the Cowlitz can be seen running through the middle of this pic.

image.png.4b546492b64f8fb5152c5b6cfd93aca7.png

The ash is way over a hundred feet deep in places. That's what you see the river cutting through in the first pic is all ash. That canyon is several miles away as is the mountain. The greenery you see in the bottom of the first picture isn't shrubs it's trees. The bottom picture shows me standing at the top & the water flowing through the rocks, that's no sand it's all volcanic ash, this river used to be solid river rock & bedrock, no sand, now that's basically all there is " Volcanic ash"

image.png.04adad0540d909a0340e3d2e4d310f86.png

Another pic of the Cowlitz running through the ash, those fir trees in the bottom of the canyon are 40 years old so not small. Hard to get a perspective of just haw far away this actually is just from a picture.

image.png.7ca6a4f37df3b48ceb7c0e6a466207f7.png

1 hour ago, William said:

Here it is, pretty sure it's legit from what I had researched 😊

16246270075832261822074986399037.jpg

16246270250419027104845049675869.jpg

1624627044244918383321216942073.jpg

16246270675331352694719317118934.jpg

"Yesir" 100% genuine, one of the older pieces, though they still make cups similar to that one, called "ash ware" I have some incent burners that are the exact same color, kind of an off white with reddish sandy looking swirls running through it.  Also some oil laps that are actual glass made from the ash also. I'll get some pics and post em a bit later.

9 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

When I worked for the City of Ft.Collins I did a lot of work/play with 4-8 year olds while I was coaching hockey. When we'd check them in and they'd get their gear I always gave them a puck. I told them they could paint it or put stickers on it or whatever. It didn't matter. They had to throw their pucks on the ice the first time we practiced. They got mixed in with the regular pucks we used. But after practice all their pucks went in a separate bucket. At the end of the season we'd dump that bucket of pucks on the ice and shoot them all over the ice. Each kid got to grab one. We always made sure every kid got one. Then they'd go in the locker room and try to figure out who's puck they got. I had kids that had collected pucks from every season I coached them. 4 seasons a year. It was always cool seeing them in the locker room with those pucks. Hockey sticks,marbles and or painted rocks are not a good mix. 

Good idea - it sounds like fun! I'll bet a lot of those kids are going to show those pucks to their own children someday.