Vitro Tiger-Eyes pt.2 w/Opals!

IeatSOUND

The opalescence of Opals is due to the base glass, which can be a little cloudy looking. Sometimes an opalescent appearance can be caused by veneered color, like in your first two Tiger Eyes. In other words, I have seen marbles that look very much just like your third marble, and they are not Opals - your third one is.

Opalescent glass cullet was used in a wide variety of marbles and used by many makers.

I do not doubt that what leatSOUND has may be opal. It is a hard thing to represent with an image in many cases. A light box is the way to go to ID opal for sure. Turn it in all directions and convince yourself. Opal is a hard thing to show in two dimensions in a lot of cases.

Marble—On!!!

47 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Opalescent glass cullet was used in a wide variety of marbles and used by many makers.

I do not doubt that what leatSOUND has may be opal. It is a hard thing to represent with an image in many cases. A light box is the way to go to ID opal for sure. Turn it in all directions and convince yourself. Opal is a hard thing to show in two dimensions in a lot of cases.

Marble—On!!!

Just to be clear, I am talking about a specific type of Vitro marble here - an Opal, and not about opalescent glass or opalescence, in general.

• Award 1

Thanks Ric,

Show me what a Vitro "Opal" looks like.

In my world "opal" is a general term describing opalescence. I suppose because it is just easier to type. I am always willing to learn and adjust.

Names and descriptions can get a bit confusing.

Marble--On!! and Opalescence on for sure!!!