MM Box No. 5

Fire1981

It's in my top #10 scores. I got it at a flea market in Tucson Pre Ebay days. I guy had a box of playing cards. BANG Gave him $1.00 and I had to just walk away as if I was looking for something else. I I got in my truck and cranked the AC and headed home. AZ flea markets are brutal. You better have plenty of water because it's going to be 102 or more degrees. 🚀

The orignal post from Fire looks accurate to me as far as the marbles go.

Ric,

Yours was backfilled with Master Made Marbles with the exception of the upper left which is an Imperial imho.

The clear and white on the right side above the nice Sunburst is what I would expect to see, more than others any listed.

These boxes look great, but the marbles inside usually deserve to be inside of the box in a display.

A great example of Master Made vs Master Glass Marbles.

I have some that you can fill this box with Ric--display the rest--they are nice ones.

Marble--On!!

14 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Yours was backfilled with Master Made Marbles . . .

I'm a little confused now Art. So Master Made didn't put their marbles in Master Made boxes but Master Glass did?

And I assure you, there are no Imperial Marbles in that group.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'm a little confused now Art. So Master Made didn't put their marbles in Master Made boxes but Master Glass did?

And I assure you, there are no Imperial Marbles in that group.

Ric, 
Just look on the end flap of this box, it will clearly state Master Glass Co. Master Made Marbles was just a selling point.
 Once Master Glass finished the purchase and takeover of Master Marble Company, there was one individual strictly assigned to disperse of the entire old Master Made inventory. Some of it may have been put into these boxes but the ones that I have seen—many, have all included marbles made by Master Glass.
Master Glass filled these boxes. There is one larger than this, #10, I think that Ron has shown one, it is quite rare with marble game rules on the back.
Master Glass also filled many of the later Akro "gift boxes" showing kids playing mibs on the front or top of the box.
I have always wondered about the oxblood patches that these later gift boxes were filled with at times. They do not look like an Akro made marble to me—nice oxblood, just not the same.
Master Glass purchased Akro (1951?) and who knows just what they did with all of the stock and glass recipes.
These are very cool looking boxes that rarely have any really nice marbles inside. Unless of course you are into Master Glass marbles like I am---I even like the cats.:confetti:

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Could you pull the marble at 11:00 and post some pics of that one ? 

Yes Fire,

The one with the three bright yellow stripes.

I mean no disrespect to anyone but that one would be a very weird Master. Master Made,or Master glass.

You just never know, do you?

Marble--On!!

1 hour ago, Fire1981 said:

Could you pull the marble at 11:00 and post some pics of that one ? 

This is the only pic of it I have handy at the moment but I can take more tomorrow if it will help. It is an odd one sort of a brushed patch with yellow stripes.

Ric394.jpg