Colorado Pelt

Fire1981

Fire, a good question. We will start with (clear) based MCS swirls, not colored. Your example i would put it into the "Colorado" family type. It has all the color combos that is required for this example. Your example is harder to find than the blue base one. This three color combination with white, green and (orange) you will find in clear, translucent and white bases. I feel in early productions when Peltier started up with the final three color combos, they started out with (one) color, then added a second and then to the third color, as they changed many different base colors. Any of these tri-colored MCS swirls and even six ribbons MCRs in clear is very GOOD. You will find one clear base to hundreds of colored bases. The (early) swirl types are different than the later ones, as some of the colors are different. Stay looking for them, and you will see what i am discussing. Chuck G---

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuck G said:

Fire, a good question. We will start with (clear) based MCS swirls, not colored. Your example i would put it into the "Colorado" family type. It has all the color combos that is required for this example. Your example is harder to find than the blue base one. This three color combination with white, green and (orange) you will find in clear, translucent and white bases. I feel in early productions when Peltier started up with the final three color combos, they started out with (one) color, then added a second and then to the third color, as they changed many different base colors. Any of these tri-colored MCS swirls and even six ribbons MCRs in clear is very GOOD. You will find one clear base to hundreds of colored bases. The (early) swirl types are different than the later ones, as some of the colors are different. Stay looking for them, and you will see what i am discussing. Chuck G---

Thank you Chuck. That was very helpful information. 👍

I am confused with these. It sounds like about 80% of the MCS would be a Colorado.   What are the requirements for the Colorado ? Clear base or transparent colored base ? Certain transparent colored bases ?  Or either ?   How many color ribbons ? Certain color ribbons or combinations ?  Does it have to be a swirl pattern ?   I saw translucent and white base. Can they be opaque white base ? Or translucent white base ?  How are early swirl types different than later ones ?  How do you age them ?

Does someone have a simple easy to understand list of requirements for a Peltier Colorado.  Who named it ? 

A  Akro Popeye requires a clear base with filaments or strands of white and two or more additional colors.  Can be a corkscrew or patch pattern.   No six to twelve cousins in the family. 

What does a Peltier Colorado require ?  

• Like 1

Hi good question Ron ,all i know is i posted two pics off the pelt info site to help Rick ,and two pics of my MCS with a green base that looks close to the blue colorado thinking it was just a MCS with green base ,but if chuck G thinks it belongs in the family i’m good with that, either way named or not for me it’s just my marble 😎

Thank You !!

Peltier Colorado

Clear base

Number of ribbons ?

Ribbons usually swirled,  but can be straight ?

Ribbon colors of opaque green,orange and white.  All three colors. 

Who named it ?

Why is it named Colorado ? 

Ok we have three answers of six, 50%. 

So there is no blue in a Colorado. No transparent colored base for a Colorado. So the very first picture, #10 is the only Peltier Colorado in this thread.  That is exactly what I had in my head. Clear base with opaque green, orange and white, MCS.   No 7th cousin with transparent green base or 6th cousin with a transparent blue base.  No 8th cousin with just orange and white ribbons.  No cousin with blue ribbons.  

The true thing is not that difficult, as usual.  Stretch the true thing and the longer the stretch the more difficult things become. 

Thanks, my confusion is gone and back where my first thoughts were. 

• Like 2

Pelts are without a doubt the main marbles that are attached to the name game. A Pop Eye is a Pop Eye. It’s not a Jiffy Pop. If you asked an Akro Salesman you wanted to see a corkscrew they would help you open your bottle of wine. Why? If you asked them to show you a Spiral ? They would show you a marble. 

Hi Ron you asked about the Colorado so i think you got some answers on that marble ,you did not ask about a blue Colorado ,  that 2nd pic is from the pelt info site not sure how reliable it is ? I’ve also read a post were Sami Arim  uses the name blue Colorado just trying to learn not trying to disagree ✌️

What about a yellow Colorado?   What about a green Colorado ?  What about orange Colorado ?  Is each different base color, transparent amber, clear, transparent green. or transparent blue, each a different name ?  Each color combination with each base color a different name ?  There is a MCS with green base glass, with blue, red and white ribbons. Is it a Green Liberty MCS ?   There is a MCS transparent green base with red or orange, blue and white ribbons. There are several base colors and ribbon color combinations. Are we naming all the MCS ? I read that MCS are always at least three colors plus the base. Then following that are pictures of two color ones and the base color.  Are we naming every MCS ?   I did not ask about a Blue Colorado, because I was not sure the Pelt experts and collectors had decided on that. It does not seem right to me to have only a blue. So if it is true then we should have a Yellow Colorado and Green Colorado and more. If the majority of long time Peltier collectors agree that the Pelt info site is the guide for Peltier named marbles ? Then that is what I will use, no problem.  I think the best answers to most of the questions come from the people who named the marble. If they are no longer with us, then from one or more people who knew them well and knows the answers. Anyone can put up a web site or a facebook page and add any name to any marble. Does that mean it should be accepted by collectors ?  That is exactly what is happening on Ebay now.  If the majority of collectors accept a Blue Colorado that is fine. My next question is where is the Yellow Colorado, Green Colorado, etc ?  

Someone who ever named the original Colorado likely thought it was special. They also know why they picked Colorado as the name. But I don't know who that was ?  Special marbles should have special names. But not all marbles can be special, being rare, limited numbers, better quality, set apart from the usual group. etc.  Special marbles have higher values because of being rare, quality, set apart from the usual group. Not all but many have separate names from or in addition to a group name. If every MCS has a certain name, what is special or the separation about that ?  Name every marble and no name has any meaning or value. Plus no human could remember them.  Marble names are more confusing every year. Marble names are losing the original intent every year. Because there are already way to many marbles with names. I resisted for lots of years but I named marbles and left it up to collectors to decide if they used the name or not . It helps if we know the answers for the name.  Who, why, and what are the requirements for a marble to be such.. Named marbles are a benefit but also can cause lots of confusion if not controlled some. That control is up to collectors. Maybe tomorrow I will pick a MCS that I have and name it the West Virginian. I can put it on a web site or facebook page. If that makes it official and collectors have to go by it. I don't know what the answers are for the future of marble names ?

I just wanted to know what the original intent was from who and why for naming a Peltier MCS a Colorado. Plus what the requirements were for that certain named marble. That named marble has branched to another and compounded the confusion.  As the names pile up so does the confusion and they have less meaning and value.  Just follow this thread from the start to see it.  I am going to the Canton OH show today. I thought that I might look for a Colorado. But I have changed my mind. 

Once every marble has a certain name. We all will have certain named marbles. And all our collections will be worth more.  

• Award 1