Spring feelings

Chris Parson

I am so ready for spring, it seems like it's been a long time coming this year. And I think I would really enjoy playing boules. I've never had the opportunity but it seems like it would be fun - and just the right speed for a summer day.

13 hours ago, Ric said:

I am so ready for spring, it seems like it's been a long time coming this year. And I think I would really enjoy playing boules. I've never had the opportunity but it seems like it would be fun - and just the right speed for a summer day.

I agree. In my experience, the month of March can be a trickster here in southmost Sweden. I’ve had snow on my birthday, the 8th, a couple of times. :confused-smileys-327:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris Parson said:

I agree. In my experience, the month of March can be a trickster here in southmost Sweden. I’ve had snow on my birthday, the 8th, a couple of times. :confused-smileys-327:

It's not so different here this time of year. It can go from 70 degrees F to 25 degrees F in a day.

When folks play boules, do they use wooden, ceramic or stone ones? Just interested.

22 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Those are some serious bocce balls.

It's a little hard to tell from the pics if they're bocce balls or boulles. Boules aren't perfectly round - they're ellipsoids.

4 hours ago, Chris Parson said:

Aaah! Now I get it. You are probably thinking of ”bowls” or ”lawn bowls”, right? :)

F29A5E63-CF23-4693-A384-9BA599197F5A.thumb.jpeg.9b2f01104d6fb9da1b0b8f894d5f07e1.jpeg

That's right, Chris. I guess I didn't have the words right. I assume the round boules are used on your village court?

I love the gnarley tree fire.

We used to have a big maple near wear we lived a few years back that had more gnarl and hollowness than solid wood,"Old Methuselah" we called it, after the famous Bristlecone Pine.

Ducks eat marbles, I learn something new everyday.

Quack--cough-cough--Quack!

Marble--On!!