What are the smaller ones called?

thaBlest1

23 minutes ago, jhomer2172 said:

Oh and this is one time smaller is better, pee wee’s are usually priced higher than your standard 5/8” mibs. As are 3/4”, so surely desirable especially in the big four! good luck!

jon

So what was the first comment about sir?.. misleading information 

The big four is probably four machine made marble companies, Akro-Peltier-CAC-Vitro    ??    The original group if 1/2 inch or less in size ?  I think he was saying that probably the only marble in the group that would be much interest to collectors or with much value would be the far left maybe a Peltier. Any marble can be collectable to someone someplace for many different reasons. But collectable has a wide range of value from zero to some and more for others. There can be a big difference in wanting to know what a marble is or who made it or when it was made. The other side is what is it worth. The value side has lots of variables. Depending on if it is purchased for a aquarium, a flower pot, crafts, for kids play, to learn from or to collect seriously.  If people just want a value, they should let that be known and for what purpose. Many times it is asked, what is it called. For nothing but a value or a way to sell it. That is fine but it helps if people know what the true question is ? The original post may be a collector or a seller or both. All are fine, but things are easier if we know what is needed for what ?    Most all marbles at 1/2 inch size and smaller are known by marble collectors as pee wee's.  To get a accurate marble measurement, a caliper should be used. Not a carpenters square.  At 1/64 of one inch over 1/2 inch and it is not a pee wee.  There are different companies marbles in the group.  Hope this was help and not misleading. Which no one here will try to do. 

I’m not sure what or why the question as to my first post. It seems pretty straight forward. And certainly lots of peeps “collect” all different types and makes and values in marbles…. Oh and sizes lol! All I was intimating was that the Pelt was probably the more valuable one in case that was something they were interested in. I collect mostly middle to low high end marbles mostly from the big four. And by that I mean MFC, CAC, Akro and Peltier. ( should make that 5 and include MK) .However, after obtaining over 20 years, a good representation of what they made, I’ve began recently getting Pelt Rainbos and some Vitro’s and Jabos! Hope that clears things up, thanks wvron. 

jon

• Award 1