Solid black?

thaBlest1

25 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Could be but maybe not ?  You can find out if you break it thin enough. Then you will find the true color. It may be dark purple or dark green or dark brown ? 

I’m saying it’s solid black. What’s the proper name for the solid black marble?

Opaque one color solid marbles are called "game marbles" and they have little, if any, collectible value since it is usually not possible to determine a maker - all companies made them by the millions, although some can have interesting patterns that might suggest a maker, they still have little to no collectible value. The tansparent ones are called "clearies" or "purees" and similarly have little to no collectible value, although they can be used for decorative purposes.

In addition "true black" color was only made by CAC, Peltier, and Akro. The vast majority of "black" marbles are actually dark purple, brown, or green.

Solid black ?  What is the proper name for a solid black marble ?   Will for sure get different responses or answers.  We need to know the true question in order to be of help. 

There is no need to beat this one to death. 
Opaque will define it if no light shines through it. Cleary will define it if it is transparent regardless of the color (both collector terms). Most game marbles were smaller than ¾” with the exception of some Vitro that were ¾”. There are some that may appear to be opaque such as Akro Flinties and they are a bit more collectable—they did not come in black.
Many companies made opaque and clear based marbles with a variety of names and sizes applied. As I recall, these were valued in the game years back probably because of the ease in sorting them out in the circle in the sunlight.
They are a very hard thing to ID company to company as far as collectability will go, millions were made. I sort them none-the-less, and backlight them all as well---always looking for an antique “German” handmade with the pontils that may have been hidden to the naked eye.
Marble—On!!

In other words, it doesn’t have a “name”! It’s just a black ( maybe) pee wee. We can’t even tell who made it. Usually a marble gets a name because of a distinct style or color or design and none of that is happening here. So no “name”. Oh, I guess you can name it if you want, most names these days have come from us.

jon