12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Are those patches Akro?.  So Alox would buy stock from anywhere to fill orders 🤔 

I think they're actually Alox patches.   The founder's granddaughter confidently describes how Mr. Frier tinkered around until he managed to get patches from his machines.  She thought they were the big one-inchers.    I think they are the ones in the tit-tat-toe games.  

• Wow 1
  • Award 1

• 1 year later...

I have one of these too, thanks to a good friend. Mine also has patches. But it also has marbles that look very, very much like Pennsboro Alleys and they were known to buy from other companies so much that it's hard to tell what they made and didn't. The lack of found material when the site was dug doesn't help either. I'm pretty confident that these marbles are original to the box but not that they are all made by Alox (my box, not Ron's). I see Ron's also has two of the red/white Pennsboro Alley looking marbles in his too. I don't know where his box went, I thought I got most all his Alox stuff but this wasn't with it.

DSCN0021.JPG

DSCN0022.JPG

• Like 1
  • Award 1

On 10/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, cheese said:

I have one of these too, thanks to a good friend. Mine also has patches. But it also has marbles that look very, very much like Pennsboro Alleys and they were known to buy from other companies so much that it's hard to tell what they made and didn't. The lack of found material when the site was dug doesn't help either. I'm pretty confident that these marbles are original to the box but not that they are all made by Alox (my box, not Ron's). I see Ron's also has two of the red/white Pennsboro Alley looking marbles in his too. I don't know where his box went, I thought I got most all his Alox stuff but this wasn't with it.

DSCN0021.JPG

DSCN0022.JPG

Great pics thanks 👍