JUST A LITTLE TO PERFECT

Well I know we've all heard it before "If it seems to good to be true it usually is" not only in perfect shape but a totally unbelievable 1.5" I've never seen an authentic antique German red mica of this size. The pattern layout of the mica alone points me towards contemporary. There are getting to be some "very" good contemporary artist imitating old ways of making marbles, some honest & unfortunately some unsavory. This isn't a German antique handmade IMO  If you have pix of one that even comes close to this size & condition "Please" post it. Please post your perspective on this, all comments & opinions are as always welcome and respected. Note the number of sales from this seller i.e. (1) & the lack of any other marbles or marble reflated materials, someone may be fishing ??

LINK :   https://www.ebay.com/itm/394130359362?hash=item5bc4000442%3Ag%3A4KEAAOSwQWxisveI&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=

image.thumb.png.bfb51f7971015f7a0ae219978dd089a9.png

Sold for $579 with 3 bidders over $550, all fairly regular marble buyers on Ebay!!

If its real that's a steal. 

I'd want a top expert on handmades to examine it before dropping big money. My hunch is that its a well made reproduction and the buyer has taken a chance on it!

You would expect a genuine red blizzard micas that size be sold through a reputable auction house.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:44 AM, crashbelt said:

Sold for $579 with 3 bidders over $550, all fairly regular marble buyers on Ebay!!

If its real that's a steal. 

I'd want a top expert on handmades to examine it before dropping big money. My hunch is that its a well made reproduction and the buyer has taken a chance on it!

You would expect a genuine red blizzard micas that size be sold through a reputable auction house.

Yes I seen the final, I have never seen or heard of an Antique red mica that big in any shape. I noticed about 8 hours before the sale was over the seller added circles around the pontil identifying it as such. If that was even near 3/4 and mint like that it would've been over double the final sale price. It's contemporary IMO, made as art not a production piece. If that was authentic the bidding would've been astronomically high & the amount of bidders many more than 3, somebody bit the bullet

On 6/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, Chad G. said:

Yes I seen the final, I have never seen or heard of an Antique red mica that big in any shape. I noticed about 8 hours before the sale was over the seller added circles around the pontil identifying it as such. If that was even near 3/4 and mint like that it would've been over double the final sale price. It's contemporary IMO, made as art not a production piece. If that was authentic the bidding would've been astronomically high & the amount of bidders many more than 3, somebody bit the bullet

A good clue with shady items is the seller not accepting returns. eBay always recommends a seller accept returns, so most sellers offer that option. This guy did not.

• Award 1

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

A good clue with shady items is the seller not accepting returns. eBay always recommends a seller accept returns, so most sellers offer that option. This guy did not.

Old tactic by shady sellers. I remember seeing that back in Ebay's early days.

• Like 1