What is it? .95!

jhomer2172

Don’t think touch, there were several of these posted claiming to be Atmospheres. He has several other larger sized marbles posted and when I asked him where he got the big ones he said Mexico and Guatemala by several companies owned by Vacor. I’m not a Vacor follower, do they often make one inch marbles?? Jon 

To be quite honest my first impression was WOW, that is a nice Champion. Kinda big but maybe----
I know of no Vacors that look like this one. Marketing in Guatemala may have been different. 
Post the link for further info and comparisons.
It is a very nice looking marble—not that I am interested in bidding—just not.
 I still say no to Atmo, not as marketed in the USA.
All opinions are welcomed.
Marble—On!!

Vacor makes marbles in the 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, 42mm and 50mm (almost 2 inches) sizes.  Goldfish and Lion are maybe the closest Vacor colors but missing a color so...  Mummy had a newer version that might be close.  Atmosphere is a possibility but I looked through a bunch of pictures that I have and could not find similar pattern/colors.

• Like 1

Looks like a chap here. I do have a big red and bright yellow Champ, It does not look like this though.  Mine is a dark transparent red with bright wispy yellow strands in it. The yellow in  Op's marble  doesn't look as bright or what I'd expect. Otherwise, I have 10 Champs like this @5/8".  One of these days I'll get a set of lights so I can shoot decent photographs.  Not all of the champs are or were "Furnace " actually very few are made from scrapings.  I.E. just because there's bright yellows by champ, does not mean it's from furnace scrapings.  Regardless, the yellow in the Op's photo is odd for Vacor, not bright enough and Champ's is brighter too. Either color is not photographed properly or?

The champs I have which are similar to this, the red is stable, even and not blending or mixed with clear as the Op's red appears to be. I also have 1 Atmosphere. Only 1 as it's not my thing as well but, Hand-gathered Lilac and yellow giant cyclone core, near the same colors as CAC was a no brainer for 10 bucks. As far as I understand, albeit only little knowledge in the Atmosphere's, they're hand-gathered and the Op's shows no signs of it. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Atmosphere's, they're hand-gathered and the Op's shows no signs of it. 

Yes hand gathered and machine rounded. 
Three sizes---25mm, 45mm and 50mm. The 25mm are the most abundant as they were sold in nets by TOY-R-US. The other two sizes were only by special order. (and maybe in gift shops🦄)
The sizes vary plus or minus because of the hand-gathered aspect.
Every one that I have has a clear transparent base. Some have gold Lutz involved (killer—I have none🤑). 
They can be a bugger to ID because there are some contemporary makes that look very similar. I will not name them here because I have brain fog today😵.
Marble—On!!

Champ didn't have a machine to make shooters. They made nothing bigger than the new old fashioneds in the 3/4" range, and none even that big before or after that run. That info comes from Dave McCullough and 2 different factory workers.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:31 AM, Nantucketdink said:

Bag to the topic at hand.  JABO made a transparent red base with yellow 1” Classic.  I believe it was one of the later 90s 1” runs.  I have a few examples but I haven’t put my hands on them yet and don’t seem to have a picture

Nothing over the 3/4" area, never knew that. I'd photographed my marble years ago and labeled it as a Champion, but it's file is long gone now.  I tried to get a good photo in last few days, but all I get is junk blurry shots. Interestingly, McCullough's 80's yellow is distinctive enough to spot in Jabo's 1990's. It often has a flat sheen verses glossy. I guess you could say, as I have never seen it on any other marble or glass, it's unique to Dave's personal color palette. 

Albeit, as far as 1" area in Champs; Ya'll are referring to the 80's Champs and newer or Champ never made big ones, ever? 

Thanks Ron. I don't know these days as so much more of WV marbles have been hunted, discovered, dug and researched. , Yet, you're finding a lack of Bolders or over 3/4", doesn't that seem odd or peculiar?

Whelp I do and forgot that I have a 60's, or so, bag with 4 boulders in it. In the bag, my caliper shows the largest= 1 inch. The size varies slightly, but not by much.  If I presume exact sizing, minus the vinyl, it appears they're just about the same size as Jabo made. [ I revested an attempt to photograph the big red and yellow in 2 photos below the Champ sidetrack I quired.] 

These 4 big Champs are two colored swirls. One is green and green, another green and white and two that are green and grayish- blueish. Comparatively they look very much like Jabo's 90's Bolders construction. The gray/green are kind of neat but overall, there's nothing to jump out whereas 90's Jabos, for the most part, are more attractive. So difficult for me to get a decent shot these days. Can't get color in this so, you're going to need to take my word about the colors: 

255334948_Champbag41inchboldersGreengraywhiteswirlsPensburowWV.jpg.adfd4b17b805669d2b296f6d8879d6fc.jpg

Since color is so poor in my photo, I thought I could find a better with same colors on the net. Surprisingly there is another but not the same construction rather, this bag lacks the 4 on label and are of the types that Castle and Peterson describes in their 1996 2nd edition: 'Marbles'. These are the patch verity and combined with my bag of swirls completes their written descriptions. I've never paid much attention to either type. I mean, neither are much to get excited about and as they note: 'They are very difficult to tell between other companies with exception; if in original bags'. To that affect, in this other bag, the patch or ribbon examples are just about like Master Glass. For having my bag, I can tell that they are also boulders, the same size. It was an eBay sale some time ago but remains on Esty: Here's the link: 1950 Champion Agate Shooters in Unopened Mint Original Bag - Etsy

il_1588xN.3720129937_smmi.jpg

So, anyways Jabo red and yellow, also so difficult for me to photo, this is close, yet I can't capture the yellow well enough. It's like a bright canary yellow with a flat or statin finish however, under 5x the surface is perfectly smooth gloss. In the first photo, less blur than 2nd, the reflective surface appears as if the chemical used for the yellow is floating on the surface. I mean, you can see the texture in 1st photo but, in hand with 5X, it's mint smooth like any other marble. Does anybody know what year Jabo made these? .

331117335_Bigredandyellow3.thumb.jpg.1f088dde60985706b4061b744d455869.jpg1955030682_Bigredandyellow(2).thumb.JPG.ec9fcc0ec7507214b7f843b28d660405.JPG

On 10/12/2022 at 4:31 PM, Nantucketdink said:

The contents of both bags aren't Champion marbles which causes problems.  The first bag has JABOs in it.  Not sure what the second bag has in it.  One sees many Champion bags that were backfilled with other makers' marbles.  

Yeah, that was quite a chore to find the green marbles in the bag. Apparently, you posted a photo 10 years ago of 1998's here: 1998 one inch run - Jabo Collectors of America (tapatalk.com) 

I would just about sworn I picked up that bag in 93-94 for a couple bucks so, it wasn't easy to just give up trying to fit that in. I had to practically go all across the net to find your photo, shesh. 😅

As for the other bag, IDK yet I seriously doubt the labels were meant to hold only 4 average sized marbles. I mean, the labels are real and so are or were the hustlers who stuffed em. .

I do have a couple of old bags with older, 60's or so, without big ones and they both have labels you'd instantly think are the same as the stuffed ones. . One of these days I'll get my camera to focus in right and display em.