This one is Special 🤩

SherryFain

9 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

If you run your finger mail across the seams can you feel it? The marble that was most contested was the Blue Ray. The colors were too “sloppy and runny”🔥

I can barely feel any kind of bump except near the ends of the seam which are a bit more easily felt. But even still I really had to focus to feel them. Hope that helps

13 minutes ago, SherryFain said:

I’ve emailed Bob and hopefully will get it into his hands for evaluation. I bought it from a guy who bought it at a marble show in Decatur Illinois about 4 years ago. He had 6 in his collection and I was lucky enough to snag this one. 

He also has a phone # listed on the MCSA site, I've called him a few times

image.png.d6203137d6900a6114637b5e020c4276.png

• Award 1

16 minutes ago, ann said:

What`s his name Alan, before I lose the rest of my grip on reality?

I can't identify it by artist.  There have been a number of torch folks knocking them off over the years.  I know that its not SP.  But it has all the hallmarks of torch work with Moretti glass.

29 minutes ago, Alan said:

I can't identify it by artist.  There have been a number of torch folks knocking them off over the years.  I know that its not SP.  But it has all the hallmarks of torch work with Moretti glass.

I read where torch guineas will have a small black spot on some of the color patches.  Are some folks able to torch without doing so?

1 hour ago, Carowill said:

I read where torch guineas will have a small black spot on some of the color patches.  Are some folks able to torch without doing so?

30 minutes ago, Alan said:

If they care to take the time - yes.

And this particular guy is one of them.

And I agree, it was not Scott Patrick, either then or now.

4 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

These are dangerous marbles that could fool a Newbie who pays way too much for knock offs like these. BBW 🔥

Those are crummy fakes that couldn't fool an 80% blind man.  But that wasn't their purpose.  They were made solely to stir the pot.

8 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

H$LL yeah “stir the pot”🔥

Stirring the pot is what led to the substantial decline of this board's membership.  This board has never really recovered from that.  Conflict, distrust and attitudes that feed upon negative developments in the marble collecting hobby are the worst side of this hobby.  It was nearly the end of this board, the reason that many people left and didn't return and the reason that I left for a long time.

Encouraging disharmony and distrust among collectors has no place on a respectable board.  If it is tolerated again - its time for collectors to go where higher standards of behavior are supported.

Some people feed upon conflict.  I'm not one of them.

• Like 1
  • Award 2

36 minutes ago, Alan said:

Stirring the pot is what led to the substantial decline of this board's membership.  This board has never really recovered from that.  Conflict, distrust and attitudes that feed upon negative developments in the marble collecting hobby are the worst side of this hobby.  It was nearly the end of this board, the reason that many people left and didn't return and the reason that I left for a long time.

Encouraging disharmony and distrust among collectors has no place on a respectable board.  If it is tolerated again - its time for collectors to go where higher standards of behavior are supported.

Some people feed upon conflict.  I'm not one of them.

I remember all too well what Alan is talking about. I left for a long time too.

Questioning IDs and so forth isn`t what Alan or I mean by "stirring the pot."

It was not honest inquiry. It was vicious. Antagonistic. Insulting. And many other unpleasant adjectives as well.

Some of the people that were involved would shock you.

All best forgotten - trust me on this one.

• Like 1
  • Award 1

The other thing that was cool about Bo was he showed me examples of $500 marbles and explained to me why a Blue Galaxy with AV that covers almost half of the marble verse one with less coverage can make a $100 difference in its desirability. 8 defined colored Sparklers.. Same thing. 6 vs 8 colors. And of course the most “Holy Sh!t “ Black Panther to have ever had in hand. I was 80% blind when I met Bo. I watched him make a torch made marble for me. Bo’s Superman. This guy is a 1 and half inches. Without his knowledge I probably would have bought the earlier knock offs I posted for $25 plus and ended being that bidder on the Board that looks like a fool. But then a again I can do that here without winning a auction 🔥

FC8BFF53-AF82-439A-B6C2-CC7FD912D849.jpeg

BBBA3D84-C3D8-4EC0-82E5-F4D3EE5706CE.jpeg

2EC16FF9-EC2D-4324-987C-41907A0319BC.jpeg

B5BF6433-9AD4-4A09-B699-A7016DA31934.jpeg

F307F63B-53AB-454E-9F94-567F758E5795.jpeg