Last picture is a beat up transitional i think 

The blue and white makes me think Pelt 

And the first one ,  german opaque striped but really not sure 

20221027_155110.jpg

20221027_155622.jpg

20221027_154913.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. These are tough.

The first one, to me, does`nt have some of the main characteristics of a German that I look for.  Here the seams meet exactly and on the Germans there is usually a noticeable gap. Plus there`s a lot more white (or color in the opaque) than the German Machine-mades usually have.  And what`s that weird "tongue" in the upper right pic?

More or less the same for the blue one. Plus side view is a little curvier.

Last one looks like a painted china - - but not like one I`ve ever seen, and I collect them in a mild way. A corkscrew??  whaa??

Long story short, I have no secure way to call any of them.

We both await other knowledge from someone else here. Maybe!    :worms:

:icon_popcorn:

• Like 1

Me too!

Check out the "corkscrew" closely. You`ll see the crazing of a typical glazed china.  It`s ceramic, not glass, which throws it out of the transitionai group.  Pretty conclusively.

:computer-22:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ann said:

Me too!

Check out the "corkscrew" closely. You`ll see the crazing of a typical glazed china.  It`s ceramic, not glass, which throws it out of the transitionai group.  Pretty conclusively.

Yes the "cork" is stone ish , defenitly not glass 

1 hour ago, ann said:

Me too!

And maybe....just maybe this is the same type ? The pattern of the "cork" looks the same

A yashuda transitional in a mutch better condition  

20221027_154913.jpg

20211018_110136.jpg

13 hours ago, Mojo said:

Very bad wounded warriors 

ID would be nice tho 

Anyone have an idea 

Last picture is a beat up transitional i think 

The blue and white makes me think Pelt 

And the first one ,  german opaque striped but really not sure 

20221027_155110.jpg

20221027_155622.jpg

20221027_154913.jpg

So cool! how big is the top red one if you know or could guess? 

Wow - what a weird match - a Yasuda??? Well, it looks like that - but who would go to the expense and trouble of reproducing a Yasuda-inspired glazed china? Not worth it. Plus I think the Chinas were too early for that.

The two slags - :icon_popcorn: 

You know what I think?  I think there was some other marble company (or companies) running around Europe 1920 - 1950 that none of us know about. Yet

:Panic:

• Like 1

It should be a logical guess, but unfortunately neither has the character traits of a German = large gapes where the seams meet, very straight white slag lines on/near the surface, not a lot of internal action (but some, occasionally), and viewed from the side shows very straight, not curved "half-moon" shapes. It`s one of the ways you can tell them from a CAC slag. CACs always have some (and sometimes more) curvy-ness there. And I do have a lot of machine-made German slags.

Not the same number as CACs, unfortunately.    :rolleye-842:

But that`s why I just can`t go there, to the Germans. I wish I could, but there`s just not anything there that should be. 

I still think there`s a marble company in Europe we don`t know about yet. It would fill the bill!  :dunno: :ROFL:  :icon_popcorn:

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 5:21 PM, Nantucketdink said:

Mojo-would you please measure the 2 slags for us.  I am interested in following through with your ids in more detail 

The red one is 20mm

The blue one 19mm

That is extremely helpful info.  So both are about 3/4”.  The German striped transparent/opaques that I find all seem to be in the close to one inch size.  I have a few in the 3/4” size, but you can tell they are a different type than the bigger ones.  The German slag sizes are all over the place and feel like there may be 2 or more makers.  It would be great to figure out how many different slag makers there were in Europe.  I have no problem believing there could have been a French maker.