Peltier ID

Melissa

On 12/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, William said:

I like the color combination on your Rainbo 👍

Thanks.  I see you're from Mabel.  I live further down the road towards the Wisconsin border, but was in Mabel last weekend. You have a nice antique shop in town.  I bought a bunch of uranium glass, but she didn't have any marbles.  ;)  

2 hours ago, Melissa said:

Thanks.  I see you're from Mabel.  I live further down the road towards the Wisconsin border, but was in Mabel last weekend. You have a nice antique shop in town.  I bought a bunch of uranium glass, but she didn't have any marbles.  ;)  

Your kidding me!! Wow. Yes, I have lived here in Mabel since 2001..the midwest itself since 1993...you must mean the shop next to the post office. She's not open very often, but yes she's got some nice pieces in there. Maybe I'll meet ya one of these days!

1 hour ago, William said:

You’re kidding me!! Wow. Yes, I have lived here in Mabel since 2001..the midwest itself since 1993...you must mean the shop next to the post office. She's not open very often, but yes she's got some nice pieces in there. Maybe I'll meet ya one of these days!

That’s the one!  I think her name is Deb. She’s really nice and has amazing deals on uranium glass right now.  Nice to meet a neighbor online. ☺️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Melissa said:

That’s the one!  I think her name is Deb. She’s really nice and has amazing deals on uranium glass right now.  Nice to meet a neighbor online. ☺️

Marsden is the last name if you ever need to look her up too see when she's in her shop. With her prices, I'm sure you will be back one day. Deb's Corner is the business name I believe...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, William said:

Marsden is the last name if you ever need to look her up too see when she's in her shop. With her prices, I'm sure you will be back one day. Deb's Corner is the business name I believe...

Do you know if any antique shops in the area that have a good selection of marbles?  I’ve been to the one in rural Decorah right off the border and the one in Harmony and haven’t had much luck finding any. I was maybe going to try the one in Cresco. 

1 hour ago, Melissa said:

Do you know if any antique shops in the area that have a good selection of marbles?  I’ve been to the one in rural Decorah right off the border and the one in Harmony and haven’t had much luck finding any. I was maybe going to try the one in Cresco. 

The one in Cresco is not very big...I've been there a few times and the only mibs I saw were modern Asian cat's eyes. I did walk away with a few slag pieces but I don't think they put much into restocking their goods.

Harmony is kinda up and down. Sometimes I walk away empty handed, other times I scored multiple times in a single visit. Vendors usually come in the first week of each month too collect their money from sales. This is usually when they add new inventory. Some live a good distance away and they usually kill 2 birds with one stone doing it this way.

Had a thought..ever try Crazy Frank's? I see it advertised alot on TV and I think it's within distance of you. Never been there myself, but it's a sizable place from what I have seen and heard 😊

59 minutes ago, William said:

The one in Cresco is not very big...I've been there a few times and the only mibs I saw were modern Asian cat's eyes. I did walk away with a few slag pieces but I don't think they put much into restocking their goods.

Harmony is kinda up and down. Sometimes I walk away empty handed, other times I scored multiple times in a single visit. Vendors usually come in the first week of each month too collect their money from sales. This is usually when they add new inventory. Some live a good distance away and they usually kill 2 birds with one stone doing it this way.

Had a thought..ever try Crazy Frank's? I see it advertised alot on TV and I think it's within distance of you. Never been there myself, but it's a sizable place from what I have seen and heard 😊

I've never heard of Crazy Frank's.  I'll have to google that.  Thanks!

I've never heard of Crazy Frank's.  I'll have to google that.  Thanks!

Your so welcome...oh yeah, beware of Whistlestop Antiques in Calmar Iowa. It's been closed for a long time. Online for some weird reason it appears to be open (last time I checked anyway). I never could get an answer when I called.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William said:

Your so welcome...oh yeah, beware of Whistlestop Antiques in Calmar Iowa. It's been closed for a long time. Online for some weird reason it appears to be open (last time I checked anyway). I never could get an answer when I called.

Good to know.  Don't bother checking La Crosse Antiques, as I bought them out.  lol

All of them! lol  I think there are only two in La Crosse, the one on Caledonia Street and the other is downtown.  

The one on Caledonia Street...did you park across the street and get your picture with those wings that are painted on the wall? We did lol

• Haha 1

All of them! lol  I think there are only two in La Crosse, the one on Caledonia Street and the other is downtown.  

There's some that aren't online that I found in the Lacrosse area. Not sure if they are still around or not. They were pretty small but had good stuff. Let's see some of your scores from downtown!!!

23 minutes ago, William said:

The one on Caledonia Street...did you park across the street and get your picture with those wings that are painted on the wall? We did lol

I did not see that bird on the wall on Caledonia Street.  Ha.  

I would show you pics of what I scored at the local antique shops but they're all mixed in with others I've accumulated over the past month.  I've literally been collecting for maybe 4-6 weeks and I already have quite the stash!  I've mostly found mine just by asking around.  This photo are some that I got from a guy on craigslist.  He and I both knew nothing about marbles, he allowed me to cherry pick, and from what people have told me I made quite a few good selections for the price.  Here they are!

318449665_6028232900542716_3488025328848446586_n.jpg

• Like 1