Which cats eyes are collectible?

Melissa

There's a thread here called "Hard to find" cat's eyes"...that can help you some as far as getting some ideas about the tough to find ones...beyond that it's basically what you like. It's inevitable when it comes to marbles in the wild...you will almost always have a bunch in the mix! 

Maybe check out Stephen Bahr's Cat's eye video...he puts some emphasis on a good variety that are sought after 😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, William said:

There's a thread here called "Hard to find" cat's eyes"...that can help you some as far as getting some ideas about the tough to find ones...beyond that it's basically what you like. It's inevitable when it comes to marbles in the wild...you will almost always have a bunch in the mix! 

Maybe check out Stephen Bahr's Cat's eye video...he puts some emphasis on a good variety that are sought after 😊

I'll look for that thread.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, Melissa said:

I am filling up my second gallon freezer bag and it's getting out of hand.  I'd like to start unloading some soon.   I know the hybrid cats eyes are collectible.  Any others?  

Here's one that's probably the rarest on the chain. 

It is two marble king orange cats squished together and perfectly round, a Double Ingit without imperfections.

1841475029_DoubleIgnotShootercat.gif.0bbe50ba05cb68c9e4220fdb73238ff6.gif

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

On 12/27/2022 at 9:45 PM, Melissa said:

I am filling up my second gallon freezer bag and it's getting out of hand.  I'd like to start unloading some soon.   I know the hybrid cats eyes are collectible.  Any others?  

Some info about catseye marbles 

20211020_170515.jpg

20211020_165916.jpg

20211020_155632.jpg

20211020_153036.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1

There is a recent new Cat Eye book out with great details in it for US made and all Cat Eye type marbles. Some people think the prices or values in the book are higher than what most consider the average. Great information for any and all Cat Eye marbles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvrons said:

There is a recent new Cat Eye book out with great details in it for US made and all Cat Eye type marbles . . .

I think Ron is referring to: The World of Cat's Eye Marbles by Elizabeth A. Kempski (2020)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Melissa said:

@Williamspeaking of vitro, I’m swimming in all reds and conquerors. 😳 debating whether to combine these two bags since they are all vitro. 

34113413-80E0-4BBB-9C5F-9B06C214714D.jpeg

Did you check any of the marbles in the top bag for Opalescent mibs? Could get lucky...

4 minutes ago, Melissa said:

😳 debating whether to combine these two bags since they are all vitro.

It looks like you still have some sorting to do . . . there are Blackies and Black Line All Reds in your second bag and Tiger Eyes in with your Conquerors. But Conquerors and newer All Reds are probably the most common vintage marbles that Vitro produced so it's not too surprising you have loads of them. 🙂

30 minutes ago, Melissa said:

These hybrids are so fun. 😍

I really like the Vitro Hybrids too.

As for collectibles . . . cat's eyes with black . . . , although Bogard did make quite a few of them, other types, even Asians are not very common.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

It looks like you still have some sorting to do . . . there are Blackies and Black Line All Reds in your second bag and Tiger Eyes in with your Conquerors. But Conquerors and newer All Reds are probably the most common vintage marbles that Vitro produced so it's not too surprising you have loads of them. 🙂

Shhh. Stop it. They’re all vitro and that’s all that matters. 🤣🤣

Just now, Melissa said:

Shhh. Stop it. They’re all vitro and that’s all that matters. 🤣🤣

. . . but . . . but . . . . but some are far less common than others, and your Conqueror bag contains marbles spanning about 25 years of production. You are apparently far better adjusted than I - that sort of hodgepodge would drive me crazy(er). :rolleye-842:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric said:

. . . but . . . but . . . . but some are far less common than others, and your Conqueror bag contains marbles spanning about 25 years of production. You are apparently far better adjusted than I - that sort of hodgepodge would drive me crazy(er). :rolleye-842:

I will eventually sort those. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. ;)