Akro Opal...

William

16 minutes ago, William said:

Joe's Marbles...Marble Pictures...pg 13...5th row...looks like a match anyway?

I just looked @ Joes pic and it says "Opal game marble" maybe it's opalescent though I can't tell from the pic. All the Akro "Fire opals" i.e. flinties I've seen have fish eyes but then again I don't collect them ?? Nice diggs William  :) I'm sure a good discussion on the matter will ensue.

6 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I just looked @ Joes pic and it says "Opal game marble" maybe it's opalescent though I can't tell from the pic. All the Akro "Fire opals" i.e. flinties I've seen have fish eyes but then again I don't collect them ?? Nice diggs William  :) I'm sure a good discussion on the matter will ensue.

My phone camera is not capturing the pinkish color that well...I'll try to get (hopefully), some better pictures with some natural light working in my favor. 

10 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

And it's more of a sizable "window" rather than a fisheye. This single marble came in a small mixed jar. 

I think I'm leaning more towards game marble rather than "opal"....I just can't seem to see that opalescent sheen, and I'm sure it would be noticeable as it is with others I have seen. I do have a Vitro Opal somewhere....Either way, it's the only one I have like it now. 

I'm comfortable with a cool little pink Akro game marble 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William said:

I'm comfortable with a cool little pink Akro game marble 😊

This one is a "Patch" William. Akro made many "patches".

I would not call it a game marble--ever. Akro made some very fine game marbles that are usually free from any striping or streaking.

The Fire Opals/Flinties will all look opalescent at some point--some more so than others. The colors matter here. Some of these look more transparent than opaque.

They all have some "fire" when backlit.

The dark green ones are a hard tell, they do look very opaque until you backlight them--then they light up with a big "fisheye" effect that proves the human eye wrong.

I wish that I could get this fisheye thing down with an image--not yet--maybe soon.

Here is an image of four colors of Flinties--they all look pretty opaque---until you backlight them

Marble--On!!

4 Flinties final.jpg