Hello everyone glad to be here. Came here because of a peewee I saw online

mibby wonka

3 hours ago, mibby wonka said:

I'm interested in purchasing it but Id like to know what it is, and the seller does not appear to know. The marble is black with aventurine, the yellow swirls are also fluoresce. It is One half inch size . 

PXL_20230216_071319038.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230216_071042835.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230216_071022069.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230216_072017313.PORTRAIT.jpg

Many reasons to have doubt on who made this. First off is; it may be a Christensen Agate (CAC), but they never did aventurine. Then you have a deep purple (black) and yellow. Comparatively, I have black and yellow CAC, but it's a very dark brown (black). yet, I also have some absolutely certain CAC Black and white. The most difficult black and white to ID is CAC as there's plenty made by most all other companies, but a CAC to be certain is quite busy, chopped up pieces or stripes of white and can have flames like no other, including the known CAC spiraling, flaming marbles. They can be the coolest black and white ever, very distinctive. . Yours is not like them except for the dark purple (Black) that appears to be in yours. My CAC black and white that are killers, base is dark purple. so there's that. 

I also have Black and yellow yet, it's black is a very dark brown like most all black CAC's. I have a black and white Pewee, but it's is very dark brown and not too complicated yet more than yours.. And Black and white road and tunnel striped opaque again, it's is very dark brown. 

Yours comes close to what one may find as a more simple black and yellow CAC yet for the purple that obviously might have been an optional base of purple yet, I could not certify that idea while all the others with yellow have dark brown for their black. 

Then there's the point of how poorly it's formed as if it's small for being a reject. My Peewee is virtually perfectly round and smooth. 

Lastly, for the above reasons, I would not view it as investment quality but only as a sample that may or may not be a CAC. And if it does have aventurine which I do not see in these photos then, just an odd ball too. I mean unless it's loaded with aventurine and sparkles easy without a magnifying glass, however that excludes potential CAC. 

I like to gather odd samples and occasionally would pick up something like this, but wouldn't give more than 5 bucks for it. 

Regardless, everybody has their own opinions, you should buy what you like, go with your gut. 

P.S., sorry, can't show you photos as my camera is not liking me at this time.

• Thanks 1

Jeff makes good points and I considered CAC too. But when it came down to it, I just didn't like the way the yellow striping appears to bleed white, seen best in the last photo. But then, there is a lot about this marble that is atypical so . . . ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Jeff makes good points and I considered CAC too. But when it came down to it, I just didn't like the way the yellow striping appears to bleed white, seen best in the last photo. But then, there is a lot about this marble that is atypical so . . . ?

Oh, I did not realize it's zoomed in as big when clicking the + sign yet I don't like opening a new window to do it.

Regardless, that zoom does show signs of having aventurine and potentially enough to sparkle in the sunlight. That blending to white does not bother me as it's blending into the purple which can make the yellow thin and, in the purple, can cause a lighter contrast for it.

I see no signs for any Peltier traits at all so, IDK why you'd go down that road Ric except for potential aventurine, I have never seen Peltier's black aventurine color in a purple rather it's a dark brown and or very dark green.. 

IDK as I rarely bother with Vacor De Mexico but never seen them do aventurine unless, like some greens may do in most any that are purely coincidence for delayed or extended annealing. Typically, if that happens green flakes or crystals are of a green nature. 

What I don't like, if it was a CAC, is how simple the yellow ribbon is moreover very, as you say Ric, "atypical" and could be any common manufacture. Yet, I do have some Vacor as samples for about 20 years and that yellow does not give me a Vacor vibe.

So, unless Ya'll know of Vacor using aventurine purposely like this for black, I am inclined to trust the seller who has potentially considered the options to ID it: I am liking his " I don't know" opinion, B/C it seems honest, and I'd do the same. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mibby wonka said:

Incredibly concise response much appreciated. How do you tell colors of aventurine? Would this be black or silver? I'm familiar with the green kind in the spruces 

When in a glass color that appears black, the crystals of intentional aventurine can be silvery and dependent on the angles it reflects from, may seem to have other bits of colors. Newer Aventurines may only be silverish because of Metallic flakes. Albeit, whenever Glass aventurine was formulated, circa mid 1700's it was metallics. It is believed that Peltier's aventurine was created with chemicals and special annealing techniques. Certain glass artists, such as Mark Mathew, makes his own using chemicals and annealing techniques.  either way can be dependent on which base color used or desired; Blue, red green, etc. whereas, you can buy any color that's premixed, to use in glass and ready to go.

On the other hand, I have 1 Royal blue Hand Gathered, MFC or Akro slag and in an area of white there's sparkly white crystals in it. Since they never did that, it's coincidence do to an accidental annealing where tiny aventurine like crystals formed. Hence, it's not aventurine but kind of cool just the same. Bonus points on my Blue slag; just on the surface is very thin, almost unnoticeable, Oxblood swirling with the HG pattern. . I do not know, or ever heard of any dark blue slag or hand gathered machine made MFC type Royal Blue slag/swirl with Oxblood.

Weird stuff happens. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 3:58 AM, mibby wonka said:

I'm interested in purchasing it but Id like to know what it is, and the seller does not appear to know. The marble is black with aventurine, the yellow swirls are also fluoresce. It is One half inch size . 

Hi Chocomibs.  Welcome back.   

• Like 1

I enlarged the pictures and I do not see any aventurine.   I see a older marble, it has a lot of wear and tiny hits and scratch marks. I do not see a Peltier at all. I do not see CAC at all.. I see a dark purple WV swirl with a roll mark.  If Peltier or CAC it would probably be true black. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wvrons said:

I enlarged the pictures and I do not see any aventurine.   I see a older marble, it has a lot of wear and tiny hits and scratch marks. I do not see a Peltier at all. I do not see CAC at all.. I see a dark purple WV swirl with a roll mark.  If Peltier or CAC it would probably be true black. 

On 2/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, mibby wonka said:

Poison frog 

Vacor 🤹‍♂️

• Like 1