Is this one of the pistachio family of alley

mibby wonka

They are both Alleys as far as I can tell and it looks like the biggest difference between them is the amount of clear glass mixed into the base and how much black striping glass is applied to them. This is also how they differ from the more typical Pistachios IMO; the base and the striping on those is usually opaque. So while I think they may be part of the family, I do not think they are well developed examples of Pistachios. In addition, there are plenty of Alleys that are not Pistachios but do have that UV reactive base glass. I'd be interested to hear what @wvrons might say.

And FWIW, quite a few  examples like your second one came out of the dirt at Pennsboro.

Size matters--Always.

Many companys used UV reactive glass in the cullet that they used for production.

I am not getting a "Pistachio" feel from these that you posted.

If these are under 5/8" I would say Ravenswood.

I do suck at WVS ID so--

Many more opinions are needed and welcomed.

Nice marbles!!

Marble--On!!

3 minutes ago, mibby wonka said:

I don't think they are dark enough green to be considered pistachio, either. They are both under 5/8 but near that. Is the clear one a "snake"?

It may have wanted to be but I think it fell short.

I think they are both Alleys. But no Pistachio. Also no Alley snake.  Pictures below.

Alley Pistachio can vary with the green base but the base is more opaque than transparent. They were made at the Sistersville and Pennsboro location which had a higher quality glass than most Alleys made at the St.Marys site. Your marble is weak on the green and weak on the dark or black color.  Made late at Pennsboro or at St.Marys Alley site. 

184250621_Dannyssistersville047.thumb.jpg.1720facf40131298392e61aa23ceaab4.jpg 

DSC01759.JPG

DSC04956.JPG

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1