ID Please

marblenewbie

1 minute ago, marblenewbie said:

I think it is a Pelt Rebel even though kind of beat up and a large "as made".  Don't have one so maybe a place holder.  .60

thumbnail (11).jpg

thumbnail (10).jpg

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (12).jpg

You're correct . It's a Peltier Rebel, with a little bonus of some orange too. 

Just now, marblenewbie said:

Sorry for the next to last picture. Yes there is some blue, but not sure what a Library Rebel is.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm pretty sure Dave meant to type Liberty Rebel - hybrid between a Liberty and a Rebel.

This is a great marble no matter what it's called. To me it sort of looks like a hybrid between an Orange Rebel (orange & black) and a Liberty (red & blue). Or maybe a Liberty Rebel + orange.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marblenewbie said:

Thanks again, wish it didn't have the big "as Made".   I'm sure it knocks most of the value out of it, but is nice to have.

$ Value is secondary to most true collectors…😬

• Like 1

If you buy a $10 marble that sells for $50 it’s a $50 marble in your collection. If you find a $500 for $50 then what. If you cross reference the price of Pelt Rebels on a few auction sites you can probably decide what you think it’s worth. 🔥

RAR

• Confused 1

I don't understand the 😬.  Any collector that doesn't understand the value of a marble in purchasing one is not a true collector, he is a one percenters with too much money and time on his hands forcing up the price of marbles taking away the passion of collecting itself.  It forces true collectors out of the market.  Look at old cars and paintings, tell me they are true collectors.  Own something just to say you own it isn't true collecting.  You want that to happen to marbles if it hasn't already?   What part of my statement that the Rebel is nice to have wasn't understood?  I'm glad to have it but for sure wish it was mint has nothing to do with not being a true collector.  I understand Fire's point, but it isn't really a $50.00 marble and you have just kept yourself out of buying $40.00 worth of other marbles you may want.