Marble Money

49 minutes ago, Kimbernugs said:

Well okee-doke! I guess I'll have to keep on trying to outbid others on ebay, which I have mixed emotions about. But the rules are the rules! Thanks so much!

So it was you that outbid me on that sparkler last night.....hmmm....😂

1 hour ago, Kimbernugs said:

Does this count as another post I can mark off towards my 100? LOL

Yes, every post you make counts toward the 100, your total posts will show next to your avatar & in your profile, you'll get there quickly  :)

1 hour ago, Melissa said:

So it was you that outbid me on that sparkler last night.....hmmm....😂

I just bought 3, but not last night. That's why I'm so torn on buying off e-bay. I hate to take from others, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :0)

1 minute ago, Kimbernugs said:

I just bought 3, but not last night. That's why I'm so torn on buying off e-bay. I hate to take from others, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :0)

Ha.  I was kidding.  By all means, bid on what you want. I'm totally ruthless on eBay.  Just call me the marble sniper.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Melissa said:

Ha.  I was kidding.  By all means, bid on what you want. I'm totally ruthless on eBay.  Just call me the marble sniper.  lol

I used to set an alarm for sniping—LOL. 
Set a price based on knowledge, not want-ability and stick to it. 
I was always one to beat at an in-person auction, if I wanted something, I kept the card raised and pulled it down when I reached my limit.  The faster the auction—the better imho—on to the next!! No tricks, just honest bidding, there is always a bigger fish with bigger pockets—RIP—lol.
Common sense, not big cash, is the way to win.
Always have a limit and always know what you are bidding on.
Research, Research, Research, never throw good money at a common collectable that you may find next year for $5.
Nuff said!
Marble—On!!

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

I was always one to beat at an in-person auction, if I wanted something, I kept the card raised and pulled it down when I reached my limit.  The faster the auction—the better imho—on to the next!! No tricks, just honest bidding, there is always a bigger fish with bigger pockets—RIP—lol.
Research, Research, Research, never throw good money at a common collectable that you may find next year for $5.
Nuff said!
Marble—On!!

I thought I was the only one that set an alarm for auctions. Lol

15 hours ago, akroorka said:

Nuff said!
Marble—On!!

Now that's some good, solid advice. I thank you for it.

Our buy/sell forum sees little activity, but there are also some very active FB marble auction groups that have daily posts, sometimes some real killers.

I can't outbid today's bidders on those sites, but I do sometimes still snag something on eBay when no one's looking.

• Like 1