#id metallic swirl?

wormie

It looks like an Alley to me and I have seen others that appear to have a metallic sheen in the ribbons - not exactly sure what it is but I don't think it's actually metal, more like chemistry of some sort.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

It looks like an Alley to me and I have seen others that appear to have a metallic sheen in the ribbons - not exactly sure what it is but I don't think it's actually metal, more like chemistry of some sort.

Awesome thanks for the insight,the "sheen" was throwing me for a loop.i think JABO actually put metal in or am I misunderstanding that? I haven't studied up on JABO much I just see the occasional lawn chair remark on some JABO id's.

Just now, wormie said:

Awesome thanks for the insight,the "sheen" was throwing me for a loop.i think JABO actually put metal in or am I misunderstanding that? I haven't studied up on JABO much I just see the occasional lawn chair remark on some JABO id's.

There are JABOs with metal - the "Lawnchair" marbles for instance, and rare marbles from the Peltier Mansion Investor Run actually have silver in them. There are also some Alleys, Champions, Peltiers and others that have real metal in them but their numbers are limited and it seems like more of a fluke (somebody tossed a coin or a beer can into the furnace) than an intentional addition of metal.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric said:

There are JABOs with metal - the "Lawnchair" marbles for instance, and rare marbles from the Peltier Mansion Investor Run actually have silver in them. There are also some Alleys, Champions, Peltiers and others that have real metal in them but their numbers are limited and it seems like more of a fluke (somebody tossed a coin or a beer can into the furnace) than an intentional addition of metal.

Awesome thanks for the history! I appreciate that.

19 hours ago, wormie said:

This one has me a bit stumped the dark color has like a metallic look to it when I shine a light directly on it.no glow under uv.thanks for looking 

This one needs to be re-examined.
More images are needed imho.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

Just now, Ric said:

Well, I am not as sure about Alley anymore. There are a lot of reflections of the surroundings on the marble. They are very distracting and make it hard to see the details.

Ya I thought so 😔 back to the drawing board...this one is being quite the pain to get a good shot.gonna try one more time.try to get the glare off of it.

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

Well, I am not as sure about Alley anymore. There are a lot of reflections of the surroundings on the marble. They are very distracting and make it hard to see the details.

Last attempt sorry to bother you all I'm half tempted to ship this thing out to someone to get it in hand 😂

PXL_20230323_020929779.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~4.jpg

PXL_20230323_020929779.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230323_021344122.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20230323_021344122.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230323_021145323.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20230323_021145323.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20230323_021030272.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20230323_021030272.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

1 minute ago, Fire1981 said:

OK ! Here I’m not that schooled when it comes to WVS. I think the big white Noodley ribbon is too big for it to be an Alley. If it’s not a Jabo I’ll buy some 🍿🔥

RAR

I was leaning JABO a bit myself.ill just throw it in the shoulder shrug batch and move on 😁.I like all the input though.