Old School Names

"Blood & Bones" this is the old school name I'm used to for these reddish based Akro corks,  not that rare, just think it's a kool name so I'm posting it since I haven't heard anyone use the term in quite a while. If you have any other seldom used (Old School) names to submit go for it, a picture to go along w/ the name would much be appreciated   :)

LINK ::    https://www.ebay.com/itm/394556854073?hash=item5bdd6bcf39%3Ag%3AXrQAAOSwQutkMVTe&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=

image.thumb.png.30a13c2b2b0cc901013384d80073550b.png

• Like 2

Anybody remember these Akro corks being called "Poll Parrots ??" before they were named "Lifesavers ??" Having the familiar Red, Green & Yellow colors do you think the marble was named after the Shoe Company or the Bird ?? Personally I like the Old  "Poll Parrot" name better but to each their own I guess ??

This      image.png.d11d71192f28b66c825b2d2a25b6bddf.png   or this  image.png.72f32ede29a2bde1d8aa04e67710a50a.png   now this   image.png.0f6ecea37ddf7e793ae730a8de3130b1.png

=

image.png.5af1a58479e1338d585e7d8518dccbc5.png               

• Like 2

No sir, it's  called a Clown. A toy marble distributed by Imperial toy marbles and not a collectible marble by any means. it's what my kid brother and all his friends would call them Clowns 🤡 

No sir, It is a toy marble foreign to the USA. Made in Asia distributed by Imperial toy marbles and has no Old School Name used by collectors.   As the title of this thread says "Old School Names".   It is not called a Clown by Old School names. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chad G. said:

"Blood & Bones" this is the old school name I'm used to for these reddish based Akro corks,  not that rare, just think it's a kool name so I'm posting it since I haven't heard anyone use the term in quite a while. If you have any other seldom used (Old School) names to submit go for it, a picture to go along w/ the name would much be appreciated   :)

LINK ::    https://www.ebay.com/itm/394556854073?hash=item5bdd6bcf39%3Ag%3AXrQAAOSwQutkMVTe&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=

image.thumb.png.30a13c2b2b0cc901013384d80073550b.png

Actually, 'Blood and Bones' while a recent name for this type, IDK 25-30 years ago. Or maybe longer ago too because, I have a set of 10 in my first edition 100 count box of corks, announcing prizes to the winners for naming them. Next to the yellow and black cork is a 'Blood and Bones' albeit not as nice as that you show with such separation.. I have not opened the box in many years as I do not like disturbing it but, I am pretty sure it is the only patch example in the whole 100 count box which is why I included it in this photo, to show that patches were being made in the same run corks were, the other 99  in the box are corks.

Regardless, that name and colors has been around quite a while.

akrostockboxexamples.jpg.d81bfe86b9a48606ae67ca21e635234b.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff54 said:

Actually, 'Blood and Bones' while a recent name for this type, IDK 25-30 years ago. Or maybe longer ago too because, I have a set of 10 in my first edition 100 count box of corks, announcing prizes to the winners for naming them. Next to the yellow and black cork is a 'Blood and Bones' albeit not as nice as that you show with such separation.. I have not opened the box in many years as I do not like disturbing it but, I am pretty sure it is the only patch example in the whole 100 count box which is why I included it in this photo, to show that patches were being made in the same run corks were, the other 99  in the box are corks.

Regardless, that name and colors has been around quite a while.

akrostockboxexamples.jpg.d81bfe86b9a48606ae67ca21e635234b.jpg

Those are so awesome. That blue ribbon on the green base, or is it green ribbon on blue base? It's so cool. And the black and  yellow - amazing. Drooling over here!

• Thanks 1

I used to have some more of these Akro “Lemon Drops”—I am darned if I can find them. Cool marbles, not a slag or a corkscrew—not a swirl—just an Akro---something. This is a weak one at 23/32”. They came bigger for sure.
A bit of white with lots of yellow, they look like they should light up under UV—the yellow glows orange on this one.
Marble—On!!

lemon1.JPG

lemon2.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kimbernugs said:

Those are so awesome. That blue ribbon on the green base, or is it green ribbon on blue base? It's so cool. And the black and  yellow - amazing. Drooling over here!

16 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Old School Spirals vs. Corkscrews. It's my understanding the term Corkscrew came later. I think Akro and Salesmen didn't refer to them as that and wouldn't know what you would be asking if you asked for a corkscrew(marble).🔥

RAR

Names of marbles were probably reginal too fire. While it's been over a half century since I played with them as a young kid as early as 1958, and no white patch and ribbon, Marble Kings in So Calif. were the favored, I am pretty sure the few that were around, we'd call corkscrews. Yet I have slept a few time since then, ha, ha.

• Haha 1