Possible muddy peltier?

wormie

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

The definition of a muddy base has expanded a lot since I started collecting so I wouldn't be too surprised . . .

Well maybe I won't say muddy would this for sure be a peltier rainbo.mabe I should have led with that instead of putting a name on it.😁

28 minutes ago, wormie said:

. . . would this for sure be a peltier rainbo.

It's a tough call, which is probably why it took so long to get a response. This is one I would like to have in hand to have more confidence in an ID, since I could imagine a couple of possibilities. But I will say that the cut-offs don't look particularly Pelty to me. What does it look like backlit? Does light pass through it?

• Like 1

Peltier x2. thumbs down on Muddy.

Pelt 'Muddy' is an opaque-simi, light would not shine clear through and base color could be described, although not exactly, as a  khaki color. The base is kind of tan and kind of grey; khaki color tone. I have three, 2 in 5/8" and 1 in 7/8" that I hunted my pile for to insure the color in them. They are, moreover, an ACME Realer style, others refer as Baseballs which would not be considered a Rainbo or Champion JR like yours is. .. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric said:

The definition of a muddy base has expanded a lot since I started collecting so I wouldn't be too surprised . . .

I agree with Ric.

There are red muddies, blue muddies, and the original very nice Greenish-Blue Sapphire colored muddies,( yes I said Sapphire:wub: )and a straight up no color muddy, probably some others as well.

I happen to love them all with this type of base glass--all of them.

Here is a backlight image of the original--along with my favorite "Muddy" Image.

I will accept it as a "Muddy" if it has this base glass. It is almost Opal--I am not quite sure though.

I apreciate all opinions and welcome them.

Marble--On!!

Final1.jpg

Final2.jpg

Muddy (2).JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Here’s two that I thought were muddies but maybe they got the wrong base colour ? 

192ED8C7-0F7B-4130-9325-970190685BFB.png

F414A220-6402-47E5-AE29-3AA4C86A32C1.png

Backlight it, muddies are all semi transparent (translucent) not opaque, one way to tell fer sher.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

These are the first 'muddies" I ever knew about 25 or so years ago.

Cool thanks for that info Ric , I believe I was searching old post and come across ID pics of Peltier muddies to compare with mine , that's how I came to the conclusion that mine were muddies, but was having 2nd thoughts after reading this post 

4 minutes ago, wormie said:

Little blurry sorry just wanted to throw some pics up fast 

I'm pretty sure your marble is an example of why the term "muddy" has been expanded to near oblivion over the years.

Here, there & everywhere in between. The same people developed "Stretch Armstrong"  ....   :badgrin:

I guess Inky's, Pea soup etc. are all in the "Muddy" Family !! Oh how things have changed   :wacko:  Didn't mean to "muddy" the water !!!

image.png.f3bff57656f1b1695ede9ac5992ad2d2.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Here, there & everywhere in between. The same people developed "Stretch Armstrong"  ....   :badgrin:

I guess Inky's, Pea soup etc. are all in the "Muddy" Family !! Oh how things have changed   :wacko:

No kidding, man, I'm about ready to give up . . . lol.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm pretty sure your marble is an example of why the term "muddy" has been expanded to near oblivion over the years.

Thank you.i was looking on the pelt site and was looking through the muddy section.i sure hope i.havent added any confusion for newer collectors.i hate steering people.the wrong way.i think on the future I will just throw what I know out and let others more knowledgeable than me fill in the blanks or add history.i do appreciate your time!

Just now, Dave 13 said:

Cool thanks for the idea Chad 👍 1st two pics is of the bigger one then one pic of the 5/8 size

As I said, Dave, there was a day long ago when these were the only ones I knew as "muddies".

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

No kidding, man, I'm about ready to give up . . . lol.

Hi yes I agree, there is some true information on that site ,but when there is misinformation mixed in its easy to get tricked ,and I got fooled more then once on there ,and when your new it’s easy to believe what you see 

• Like 1