Organizing Marbles

How do you organize your marbles?  Can I see pics?  Here is the system I have right now.  After I get everything sorted I might display my nicer ones eventually. 

do you keep your cats eyes separate in their own category?  I want to put my marble king cats in with the rest but I kind of like having them separate. Thoughts??

IMG_8850.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I mostly display just bags and boxes. But I do have several "keeper cases" on display or stashed away with some my favorites in them.

Awesome case man ....I think I need to level up...

My chances of finding one of those is probably slim....lol....

If it's ment to be it will come .....crack some pics of the Alley drawers...ohhhh I bet you got some killer Ravenswood....lol. 

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Awesome case man ....I think I need to level up...

My chances of finding one of those is probably slim....lol....

If it's ment to be it will come .....crack some pics of the Alley drawers...ohhhh I bet you got some killer Ravenswood....lol. 

I agree. Let’s see!!!

Bill McCaleb is the only person who has ever seen the entire contents of that case. Of course, I've shown lots of the marbles individually here. They are mostly just more common types - I don't keep high dollar marbles in there. And if you want to see what's in my drawers you might have to buy me dinner first - I'm not that easy.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Ric said:

When you see me say "I'll have to check the archives" this is usually where I'm headed . . .

RicA0035.jpg.8ebaf202380ecf0970bcc05ba92d517b.jpg

And I usually keep my cat's eyes separate from the others.

Did typesetting in the 9th grade, that's a vary, vary,  nice Archive window💙💙💙

1 minute ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

I keep them somewhat organized and labeled in case I get hit by a bus.  I used to be more diligent but when I got to sorting WVS and slags and I wiffle-waffed on so many it just became too time consuming. 

Tell me about it.  I've been sorting and IDing the same lot of swirls since November.  :computer-22:

9 hours ago, Ric said:

Bill McCaleb is the only person who has ever seen the entire contents of that case. Of course, I've shown lots of the marbles individually here. They are mostly just more common types - I don't keep high dollar marbles in there. And if you want to see what's in my drawers you might have to buy me dinner first - I'm not that easy.

:ROFL:........surf and turf....

We sometimes get tornadoes here and I always want to keep my marbles in something or some things I can grab and go. Cats in cat carriers, marbles in the car and strapped with my .38 special in case of looters trying to take my marbles. I've rehearsed it many times.

• Haha 1
  • Care 1

2 hours ago, Kimbernugs said:

We sometimes get tornadoes here and I always want to keep my marbles in something or some things I can grab and go. Cats in cat carriers, marbles in the car and strapped with my .38 special in case of looters trying to take my marbles. I've rehearsed it many times.

Reminds me of when I got my first handgun.  I couldn't decide which sort of lock to use for the case, so I practiced using one with a key and one with a keypad to see which was quicker.  My husband stood in the hallway with a timer and clocked me running from the living room to the bedroom to access the gun case.  The key ended up being quicker.  I'd prefer not to have a lock, but we have a teenager and need to be responsible.  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

I just throw all my favorites in my boxes. I know what they I don’t sort these by their ID. Marble Tossed Salad. It’s just fun to see all your Top Shelf marbles all together in these boxes. 🔥

RAR

7C30A8CF-5B4F-49BD-8752-C7256EEB4AE4.jpeg

Is that a Neon Conqueror up there on the left?