SMD (Stupid Marble Disease)

Does anyone here suffer from SMD besides me?  Are you attracted to common clearies, game pieces, and cats eyes and haven't a clue as to why?  You want to clean out your massive hoard of nonsense, set a goal to get rid of them, and just can't bring yourself to do it?  If so, please share your favorite stupid marble in this thread to show your support for all those suffering from SMD.  

• Haha 1

I've always been pretty focused in the types I collect, though they range from handmades, machine mades and contemporaries.  I have always avoided "strays", unless I absolutely HAD to take them as part of a deal.  Then I moved them out cheaply and quickly at shows.  I still have a few around, but not enough to be worth finding them.

1 minute ago, Alan said:

I've always been pretty focused in the types I collect, though they range from handmades, machine mades and contemporaries.  I have always avoided "strays", unless I absolutely HAD to take them as part of a deal.  Then I moved them out cheaply and quickly at shows.  I still have a few around, but not enough to be worth finding them.

In other words, you have Fire's Smart Marble Disease?  😂

34 minutes ago, Melissa said:

In other words, you have Fire's Smart Marble Disease?  😂

More like that I listened to early advice that it was better to buy one $40. marble that I really liked, instead of  40 - $1.00 marbles that looked kind of interesting.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alan said:

More like that I listened to early advice that it was better to buy one $40. marble that I really liked, instead of  40 - $1.00 marbles that looked kind of interesting.

This is the sort of inspiration/advice I need, so thank you!

4 hours ago, Melissa said:

If so, please share your favorite stupid marble in this thread to show your support for all those suffering from SMD.  

There are no "stupid marbles"--just stupid buying and stupid selling.

I prefer the stupid sellers myself--lets just call them uninformed instead of stupid.

I have preyed on them for years--still do.

Collecting marbles is an art form that takes a whole bunch of research and experience.

I will always continue to learn and prey on the uninformed--This is the way!

Marble--On!!

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dave 13 said:

. . . I’m hauling boulders today 🇨🇦

That's a neat monster truck, Dave. I don't know anything about them but it sorta looks like it could use an alignment. Regardless, I'd have played with that when I was a kid!

I'm counting on @Melissa's good nature and hoping she won't hold it against us for sorta hijacking her thread . . .

RicA0041.jpg.d13347e875497703a3453a54eadeee7a.jpg

I have forgotten everything I once knew about this truck - who modified it, when, and how many are out there. And I'm hoping someone else might be able to clue me in - maybe @Nantucketdink?

• Like 1