Pelt Rainbo?

Kimbernugs

Hello everyone! I was checking out a Vitro lot for sale and spotted what I believe is a Pelt of some sort. There are limited pics and views but I've circled it. Also another one is circled in 1 pic that is the only good view of it, which I'm wondering if it might be Jabo? 

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_20230501-051653_eBay.jpg

img_1682936250935.jpg

Screenshot_20230501-051645_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230501-051622_eBay.jpg

i was agreeing with RAR but the more i looked at that marble, i don't think it's peltier. the other views don't hold up the baseball pattern you'd expect. plus the colors on baseballs are 99% either all one color, or alternate (i.e., "flip-flop"/reverse mirror) on each side. vitros typically have different colors on one hemisphere vs the other. this looks like a nice group of older vitro from where i'm sitting. ♥ 

22 minutes ago, tankgrrl29 said:

i was agreeing with RAR but the more i looked at that marble, i don't think it's peltier. the other views don't hold up the baseball pattern you'd expect. plus the colors on baseballs are 99% either all one color, or alternate (i.e., "flip-flop"/reverse mirror) on each side. vitros typically have different colors on one hemisphere vs the other. this looks like a nice group of older vitro from where i'm sitting. ♥ 

Thanks a million!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kimbernugs said:

I'm missing something here. Is that a special something?

Well it might be.

I will wait for the Peltier collectors to weigh in.

@Chad G.@cheese@Fire1981@tankgrrl29 and any that I may have missed as well --sorry- brain fog.

I respect the opinions of these folks and I know that they know what I am thinking.

Marble--On!!

I think you got it the first time Fire. There is a very close resemblance to Peltier on this multi-colored marble. Green and yellow is a fairly frequent combination. Adding in that somewhat patch like brown on the top in this photo causes me pause before judgement, that it may be a bonus ribbon. I only have 3 of these in green and yellow. I do not place them as a 'baseball' type as the base is translucent. Rather, while the ribbons may be the same or similar as 'baseballs', those I'd come to know as 'Baseballs' are typically more of a solid white base and only 1 color. ACME Realer is a close type,  yet Gino shows another patch group as ACME Realer's . If referring to Gino Biffany's sample display, (home made craft board or a factory relic?) they only have 1 color dual ribbons as Realers too,  but are the same translucent white base. Albeit, I have seen original boxes, stamped "ACME Realer, on the side" with solid white base and single two ribbon color while the face of box says "Rainbo" so,,, with the range of variation in several millions pumped out at factories: Beyond collector's searches and names, what's in a name? Realer, Rainbo Baseball? Ha. Yet add another color and it's a new game 'Hybrid' Burnt Rainbo, Realer, baseball? When the unusual happens; the door is wide open for a name game.

You have the colors and pattern here, plus what appears to be a bonus color. Needs a few better photos to reveal all so ID can be nailed without question.

img_1682936250935.jpg

I wish that was mine ... I was thinking that it looked a little like it . Which is a honey onxy . I don’t have one (wish I did) never had one in my hand . Probably never will . But from that photo you never now. If it was a decent price I would buy just to look at it. But ... you should see my garage. I can’t get my cars in it anymore.... I have 6 cars.... 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, tankgrrl29 said:

@Kimbernugs did you end up with this group? just curious about that one marble we were discussing. (if you got it and posted, can you tag me? i don't get a chance to visit every day :) ) 

No, I did not. However, I came across 1 or 2 similar to that one and both were ID'd as Vitro.

• Like 1