My Garden

Melissa

@Melissa If you'd like to try some Zone 4 hardy seeds I'd be happy to send you some. I live in a zone 6b with clay soil (Ugh!), so I grow many plants that have particular soil requirements in large pots that I make and some that I've bought over the years.  Let me know.

There are quite a number of Penstemons (my favorite) that are hardy in your area. Since many of the plants in the gardens are from alpine elevations, they are cold hardy. The only thing you'd need to do is amend the soil so that it's fast draining

9 hours ago, rockgardenplants said:

Have you tried any rock garden or alpine plants?

I just started a rock garden last year. So far I have chicks and hens, cacti, spurge, creeping thyme, and moss roses. 

8 hours ago, rockgardenplants said:

@Melissa If you'd like to try some Zone 4 hardy seeds I'd be happy to send you some. I live in a zone 6b with clay soil (Ugh!), so I grow many plants that have particular soil requirements in large pots that I make and some that I've bought over the years.  Let me know.

There are quite a number of Penstemons (my favorite) that are hardy in your area. Since many of the plants in the gardens are from alpine elevations, they are cold hardy. The only thing you'd need to do is amend the soil so that it's fast draining

I only do perennials and I’ve never had luck with perennial seeds. 😢 I always get plants. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 12:44 AM, schmoozer said:

the artichokes are the only thing growing, and retarded doing that.

the oysters, mussels, and geoducks are doing much better.
D83A78ED-0625-4DDF-9074-5A8FF9BECBB7.thumb.jpeg.10e453fdd719ee16d57d1dd0f427ebb7.jpeg
775C3BCF-E5DA-4516-A4FD-90123366C268.thumb.jpeg.bd390bcfc95e000399b477415886c2d2.jpeg

The retarded artichoke finally bloomed!

we have also had strange issues, 2 acorn squash plants are growing like crazy, but every single squash has died small. Same for the cucumber. No bugs we can see.

IMG_0091.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, schmoozer said:

The retarded artichoke finally bloomed!

we have also had strange issues, 2 acorn squash plants are growing like crazy, but every single squash has died small. Same for the cucumber. No bugs we can see.

IMG_0091.jpeg

No wonder, dropped into the low 50’s, rainy today with a high of 67🤯.